saliger64504

[EODS v2.0] explosive ordnance disposal suite v2.0

EODS.jpg?psid=1&width=700&height=389

IEDs in Arma 3:

What is EODS?

We're glad to present the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Suit (EODS) this is an addon for Arma 3 that aims to improve the role of the combat engineer. This addon brings a new type of IEDs with many functions that are designed to extend the Arma 3 simulation.

Working Features:

English/Spanish/French translation for every feature.

Functional RCIEDs (Radio Controlled Improvised Explosive Device).

Functional Cellphone to interact and detonate the RCIEDs.

Functional Editors modules to give to the IA the ability to detonate IEDs, to set a hidden/buried IED, and the possibility to create a Daisy Chain from the editor itself.

Functional UI to interact with the IEDs. The players can interact with the IEDs by many forms: arming the IEDs, burry the IEDs, defusing the IEDs and more.

Talon Mark II EOD Robot with animations and ied interactions.

THOR III Jammer with removable antenna.

APOBS system

Current Development Stage (October 27 of 2014):

The Metal detector, the ABV, the Buffalo and the Husky are coming. Stay tuned =D

Original Team:

We wouldn't be here with this mod if it wasn't for theses people.

Monovdd – BOE 117th (IEDs programing and design)

MrEwok - The creator or EWK-EOD-Project (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179269-EWK-EOD-Project)

Juan Lezama – Lancaster Studio from Cali, Colombia (K9 Design, animation and textures)

Parca – BOE 117th (Product Tester)

The Team

Saliger

Welshy

xXSHArKXx

Changelog:

Spoiler

Oct 1 2021

Talon arm now extends and does everything needed

Download

Current Version: 2.0.1

Requires CBA (Latest version)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Does this version actually work? The reason I ask is I often see on the workshop people uploading their versions claiming theirs is fixed and updated, but sadly barely anything actually works. Often times the Talon is buggy and flies off into orbit and/or has absolutely nothing of value to offer other than to drive around (if lucky enough to get it to do that), compared to the original mod. And the APOBs was super buggy even though all those people claimed to fix it....So I'm really curious how much has been fixed/updated with this one in comparison to others since I really missed this mod. It was one of the only real mods that scratched the itch for people like me that wanted a more fulfilling and immersive experience as EOD in missions. Most other mods out there are just extra IED's that anyone can just shot from afar and blow up.....kinda boring. So if there is a chance that this mod finally works like it did when it originally came out--like the Talon can actually once more place charges near IED's for example--oh my god, that would be so, so wonderful!  😊

• Like 1

the robot is fixes  to whee it doesnt go 1000 mph   it will act up if at full speed and trying to do turn sharply. we are working on  everything to do with the movement of the talon . i also have the orignial master folder from the creators  that has been sitting in my hard drive since 2016. and i also have welshy  on the team working  on this also he released the eods+ a year ago and went to serve his country  now he is back and is helping on the mod 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I may ask, will there be a pressureplate option at some point? Either way I love the mod but I was curious as I've seen the pressureplate within the mod but it seems to serve no purpose

On 10/7/2021 at 5:31 PM, PTV-Jobo said:

Does this version actually work? The reason I ask is I often see on the workshop people uploading their versions claiming theirs is fixed and updated, but sadly barely anything actually works. Often times the Talon is buggy and flies off into orbit and/or has absolutely nothing of value to offer other than to drive around (if lucky enough to get it to do that), compared to the original mod. And the APOBs was super buggy even though all those people claimed to fix it....So I'm really curious how much has been fixed/updated with this one in comparison to others since I really missed this mod. It was one of the only real mods that scratched the itch for people like me that wanted a more fulfilling and immersive experience as EOD in missions. Most other mods out there are just extra IED's that anyone can just shot from afar and blow up.....kinda boring. So if there is a chance that this mod finally works like it did when it originally came out--like the Talon can actually once more place charges near IED's for example--oh my god, that would be so, so wonderful!  😊

Hi PTV-Jobo.

We are working on the Talon to try to remove some of these bugs. 🙂 

the next update should have a better driving Talon with no Error when you place it in Editor.
atm the arm is working and you can place a demolition charge next to the IEDs.

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2021 at 8:51 AM, MrWolfire1 said:

If I may ask, will there be a pressureplate option at some point? Either way I love the mod but I was curious as I've seen the pressureplate within the mod but it seems to serve no purpose

Hi MrWolfire1.
eventually yes 🙂 
But if you put down an IED with Presureplate and sync it to the 'ARM IED' module it often works for me..

1 hour ago, _-xXShArK_OGXx-_ said:

Hi MrWolfire1.
eventually yes 🙂 
But if you put down an IED with Presureplate and sync it to the 'ARM IED' module it often works for me..

Awesome! Thanks for the info 🙂

Not to be a bother But I am unable to find the update or use it is there a link to a certain one I am supposed to use?

Scroll to the top it says download it will take you to steam  it says eods 2.0 but its the 2.0,1 updated one

Am looking for members to help with coding and who are good with animations to help add more to this mod if you are interested please send me a message

Was wondering if you were gonna continue to work on this mod it’s a great mod just having issues and wanted to help