Gunter Severloh

All Arma 3 Terrains Compilation List

All Arma 3 Terrains Compilation List

Last Update:  April 1st, 2024

Total number of Terrains:  500

This is a massive compilation list that compiles all the terrains aka maps from the Steam Workshop Terrains section.

Purpose of this compilation is to sort, and organize all the maps based on location and type and put them into one place.

Steam Workshop Collection - The other component to this compilation list is, all the terrains compiled in this

list are also in a Steam Workshop Collection seen here:  

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2623772517

Video Overview

Goal of the list

As with all my compilations the objective here is to compile all the terrains into one place/page without having to search

from page to page on the workshop or else ware, although the workshop looks better with its pics/videos, ratings, ect,. of the terrains

this list will put them all into separated categories based on their locations, set in alphabetical order, and bulleted.

I hope my list here benefits you in a way that will save you alot of time in your search for terrains to play on.

List notes

Spoiler

There may be some terrains that could belong in other categories, or categories that are best suited for

certain terrains, there could be more terrains on the workshop that i have missed so if you find any please let me know.

Currently there is one category of terrains titled Miscellaneous (at the very bottom) and these terrains either have no description

on the SW pages, or are fictional based terrains, or i cannot determine which category for which they can go

if your interested in enlightening me on where to relocate them let me know and i will relocate them accordingly.

PMC Arma 3 Terrains Website - (Terrains not on Steam Workshop) - Credits: Snake Man

https://www.pmctactical.org/arma3/terrain.php

Vietnam: The Experience Terrains Website - (Terrains not on Steam Workshop) - Credits: Snake Man

https://www.vtemod.com/arma3/terrains.php

Arma 3 Steam Workshop Terrains

Africa

Asia

Archipelago & Fiji / Australia

Brazil

Spoiler

Canada

Denmark

Desert & Middle Eastern

Eastern Europe

England, Ireland, & Scotland

France

Finland

Forts & Training

Germany

Greece

Italy

Japan

Jungle

Norway

OFP - Operation Flashpoint

Philippines/Indonesia

Portugal

Spoiler

Post Apocalyptic

Romania

Spoiler

Russia

South America

Space & Other world Terrains

Spain

Sweden

Terrain Packs - (multiple terrains)

Turkey

Ukraine

USA

Vietnam

Winter

WW2 - World War Two

Miscellaneous

Notes

When you view terrains to subscribe to a tip for you is to review the comment section

for any feedback from users past and latest posts including any author comments to get an idea of what the status

of terrain you are looking to sub too is at in terms of it being functional and playable ingame.

Some terrains may have issues even though the author is still working on the terrain (wip), or have possibly abandoned it.

Lastly read the description of the terrain if their is one, dont just look at the pictures or video if there is one and sub to it because you like it

it prevents comments, and questions on things that could easily cleared or understood just by taking that extra step to inform oneself.

The old adage goes here is search before you post Cheers!

Credits

To all those terrain makers in the Armaverse, these terrains i have compiled for Arma 3 would

not have been possible without your interest and creativity in expanding Arma 3's playground!

Edited by Gunter Severloh
Added new terrains
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 9

Update

The following has been completed so far:

• Sort terrains in alphabetical order
  • Put each terrain location category into spoilers
  • Change color of terrain category fonts
  • Bullet each terrain

The most tedious and time consuming part will be the creation of the workshop collections

and the linking of each terrain.   I have a screenshot of my bookmarks seen here

screenshot-11.png

basically i bookmark all these terrains, i go from page to page and then create folders based on the location of the terrain,

as you can see above each folder on the left is a location / category.

I have one folder highlighted to the left and to the right in the large window is all the SW links i saved to that folder, to link each terrain to whats

on the compilation list i would open this entire folder into a new tab, and then go from link to link, i have a system that allows me to link alot of links

in a short period of time based on how i scroll, and view things.

Its all about efficiency which comes down to timing and distance which means the further you have to move your

mouse cursor away from a given point on your screen, the more time it will take you to copy, add ect,.

so i squinch things up close to the top, i preload things, and then from there its place, link, repeat, ect,.

What makes it take so long is the sheer number of terrains to link so, i will just link categories at a time.

Anyways im sure most of you guys arent interested in a compiler's techniques so just enjoy the fact that all this will save you guys a ton of time

from having to go from page to page on the workshop as i got it all in one place, one page, sorted and separated. All for now!

The details like ratings will be added as i go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is a lot of effort and is greatly appreciated!

Our unit does terrain rotations, and this will greatly help in getting more varied terrains each rotation. Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks klima happy my work can help you guys out!

Once i get this all linked this week the list will be more useful and functional, right now its just sorting all the created

terrain based on their locations.

Since im starting a new work week i can only put so much time towards this a day,

the list should be done some time this week if not on the weekend, no promises could be sooner or could be later.

Just a note for everyone, like my Steam workshop gameplay mod list, this list when i update it goes hidden, so if you dont

see it one day when your looking for it dont fret its there just the forum security likes to hide stuff with alot of links,

but when its hidden thats a good sign i updated it so til then. Cheers!

• Like 3

Update

Hey guys, a major update to the list here, and btw thanks to R0adki11 and the moderators for being

patient as to keep unhiding and approving my list here.

In todays update the following has been completed:

- Adjust the description a little.

- Linked all category/locations of each terrain.

- Increased the font size of each listing to the size of 16, just makes it a bit bigger to read.

- Fixed a category that was missing as it was in another category.

- Fixed the names of a few terrains as somehow when i added them one terrain was attached to another.

- Relocated some of the terrains as they were in the wrong category.

==============

Next will be the following:

- Adding ratings to each terrain based on their popularity on SW.

- Creating a SW collections of the list and linking the list here to the collections.

- Possibly .... adding a brief description based on the SW pages for each terrain?   <---- This i may not do because it will take a long ass time to finish we'll see.

======

I actually wanted to finish the ratings, and the SW collections this morning (Oct 8th) but when i get home in the morning after work

and sit down to work on this, im literally nodding off at my keyboard, i was actually falling asleep on Wednesday morning when i was linking the remaining

terrains a couple of times 😄 but my goal Wednesday was to finish the linking and i did!

This morning however i was unable to work on it, i was rather beat had no motivation and ended up going to bed early, so im typing up this update

10 minutes before i have to leave for work here just to give you guys an idea of where im at with the list.

I should be finishing this list up tomorrow as i have weekends off and then i will have a video for it too, so for now

the list is functional at least and just the misc details including the description has been updated.

@R0adki11 Is it possible we can get this list pinned? as no one will see it unless they look for it.

All for today, cheers!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Is it possible we can get this list pinned?

Why is this even a question? Any Gunther post with "List" in the title should get an automatic pin 😂

Another solid list though.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Great list!

One quick correction, if not already mentioned... Cham is listed as Vietnam, but it's a woodland map using GM assets & actually suppose to be in Germany.  Also just a personal preference, but I'd ditch the "Island" cataegory, and re-categorize all those based on geographical region like the rest. For instance, Isla Duala is definitely African, etc. Then maybe just tag all the islands somehow to identify them.

Anyhow again very useful, thanks for putting this together.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, madrussian said:

Cham is listed as Vietnam, but it's a woodland map using GM assets & actually suppose to be in Germany. 

Hi madrussian, thanks for the heads up :rthumb: i must have been half a sleep when i put that under Vietnam idk what i was thinking or

how i even figured that to be in or a nam location when it clearly says in the description of the map that its (Location Germany) :h:

9 hours ago, madrussian said:

but I'd ditch the "Island" cataegory, and re-categorize all those based on geographical region like the rest.

Ya it is one of those misc types of categories in a way where if its an island it goes under islands, its not very specific as in where

the island is, so ya i think i will do that, thanks for the tip.

1 hour ago, CW4 Carrera said:

Missing Vidda from bludclot.

Missed it because its not under terrains when you have the filter set to terrains in search, everything

that came up for terrains using the filter had terrain as one of their tags, even mods, missions and other things that

had nothing to do with terrains, somehow managed to get there.

But i will add it to the list, thanks for letting me know.

Because of this i may just do a search for maps that do not have terrains as one of their tags and see what comes up

and then add them to the list accordingly, i will do this after i get the workshop collection completed this way anything

new i can add to the collection right away and i will be able to find it.

So if you or anyone else finds anymore that you dont see then let me know and i will add them accordingly.

Again thanks for the tips! and the pin now i can find my own list to work on it when i need to update it 😄

This list may disappear as it goes in hiding when i update it, so if you dont see it then you'll know its has or is being updated.

The next update the list should be either finished or almost finished because now that i have all weekend to work on it

i can get alot more done. Thanks again for your support, and tips! Cheers!

• Like 2

Update

Finally i can update this, i was finished with this update late Saturday morning but until its approved its hidden.

Anyways heres what was done:

Changelog

- added VIDDA | LEGACY VERSION to Norway based terrains
- created new Philippines/Indonesia based Terrains category and relocated Dalma_Island to it
- fixed some misspells of terrains
- fixed order of certain terrains in a few categories as they were out of alphabetical order (may be more)
- renamed Australia category to Australia/Archipelago & Fiji based Terrain
- relocated the category France based Terrains as it wasn't in alphabetical order
- relocated Chernarus Isles to Eastern European based Terrains
- relocated Cold War Rearmed III - Canard Island to Australia
- relocated Arean Island to Greece based terrains
- reloacted Cham to Germany based terrains
- relocated Bornholm to Sweden based terrains
- removed the North European based Terrains category
- relocated Angel Island v1.3 to USA based terrains
- relocated Block Island to USA based terrains
- relocated Diaoyu Islands (Lighting Fixed) to Asia based Terrains
- relcoated Evergreen to Greece based terrains
- relocated FalskeIsland to Norway based terrains
- relocated Germany and Greece based terrains categories as they weren't in alphabetical order
- relocated Gulfcoast Islands to USA based terrains
- relocated hotze_islands_2010 to Operation Flashpoint based terrains
- relocated Imrali Island to Turkey based terrains
- relocated Isla Duala to Africa based terrains
- relocated Isla Tova to South America based terrains
- relocated Island Panthera to Eastern European based terrains
- relocated isles_of_cumbrae to England, Ireland, & Scotland based Terrains
- relocated Kelley's Island to USA based terrains
- relocated kerama Islands By [Vétérans] to Asia based terrains
- relocated Kihnu Island preview to Eastern European based terrains
- relocated Krasnorus to Eastern European based terrains
- relocated Krasnorus to Eastern European based terrains
- relocated Lingor/Dingor Island to South America based terrains
- relocated Little St. James Island to USA based terrains
- relocated Los Santos Island to USA based terrains
- relocated Malvinas West Sector (80km) [WIP v0.3.5] to England, Ireland, & Scotland based Terrains
- relocated Napf Island A3 to Eastern European based terrains
- relocated Porquerolles Island By [Vétérans] to France based terrains
- relocated Ryderwood Island to USA based terrains
- relocated Saba Island to South America based terrains
- relocated Senkaku Islands to Asia based terrains
- relocated Tembelan Island to Philippines/Indonesia based Terrains
- relocated Tilos: Greek Island ( Beta ) to Greece based terrains
- relocated TSAU_Arabia to Africa based terrains
- relocated Uhao island to Australia/Archipelago & Fiji based Terrain
- relocated Vis to WW2 based terrains
- relocated WBG: Woody Island to Asia based terrains
- relocated X-CAM PROTOTYPE 1.1 to South America based terrains
- relocated Jilu Islands to WW2 based terrains
- relocated St-George island to Australia/Archipelago & Fiji based Terrain
- relocated Kingdom of Regero to Australia/Archipelago & Fiji based Terrain

- updated/added to the WW2 terrains category with all the terrains from my All Arma 3 WW2 Compilation list terrains section
- Created a Steam Workshop Collection and added all the terrains to it, linked on the OP.

===========

There is a section titled Miscellaneous that has the island terrains section in it, as well as

misc terrains these terrains i have no idea what location or region they would be based on, some

dont have a description which imo i dont understand the logic too but then there are others that are

fictional.

If anyone has an ideas of where i could relocate any of these terrains too i can move them

accordingly.  Also im not going to do the ratings, theres so many terrains with 4-5 rating stars that imo most

of the terrains your looking at are pretty good, so its really up to the user if they like the terrain or not the collections should help.

Lastly aside a overview video for this which i will be recording, i added some list notes and a warning on the OP

about the terrains, just some tips to look out for.  All for today Cheers!

• Like 2

Update

Here is an overview video of the compilation list here

I will add it to the OP when i update the list towards the end of this week, as i have a new map to add

and some other updates to do too, if i do it now then the list will be hidden til its approved.

All for today! Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Here is an overview video of the compilation list here

Despite bright color theme, for some reason I really enjoyed seeing that video, it was rather relaxing somehow. You have quite soothing voice.  🙂 👍

• Thanks 1

Thanks, its more soothing after work because im more relaxed, thats when i recorded it, i was already up for16hrs worked all night,

came home and then recorded the video lol music i used could have helped too, thats tricky to come up with fitting music for a video like this.

Bright color theme could be on your end too, but then i did this past week update my gpu drivers and didn't configure the colors

they seemed ok.

29 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

i was already up for16hrs worked all night, came home and then recorded the video

After stint like that, much appreciated buddy!

music i used could have helped too

Yeah, it was good, I approve.

Bright color theme could be on your end too

I mean the fact that you are using light theme for Firefox and forums is quite a shocking contrast compared to dark theme + dark reader that I use but my eyes weren't that tired yet today so all good. Btw, since topic at hand is lists and compilations 🙂 , if you want to look into more, I've put some links together in offtopic section.

This one's kinda related and can be useful as well.

• Thanks 1

Update

Changelog

- changed and added Portugal based Terrains and moved Terceira to the Portugal category.
- added Autumn Livonia to Eastern European based Terrains category.
- added Abu Musa Dev. Version to Desert & Middle Eastern based Terrains.
- added County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland to England, Ireland, & Scotland based Terrains.
- Fixed a couple terrains that were not in alphabetical order for a category.

• Like 1

Update

- Moved Portugal based Terrains and moved Terceira to its own category.
- added new terrain Saint-Martin to Miscellaneous Terrains / Island based Terrains category.

Update

added 4 new terrains

Africa based Terrains

• Bozoum

?imw=268&imh=268&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

Russia based Terrains

• UMB Armavir DEV

USA based Terrains

• Great Dunes

Desert & Middle Eastern based Terrains

• Wild Mountains - (Gulf of Suez)

Update

added

• Endless Desert
  • Razani - North Waziristan
  • Bastek

Update

added

Miscellaneous Terrains

• Mega City 3

Island based terrains

• Atolls GDC

Finland based Terrains

• Maksniemi

Misc updates

• Added video overview at the top.
  • Adjusted the description a little.

Update

added

Post Apocalyptic based Terrains

• New Esseker

• Wild Mountains Livonia Veg
  • Wild Sahara 1

Misc update

- Bolded all the map listings.

Update

About time for an update.

New additions!

Winter based Terrains

• Vostok Winter Island

Terrain Packs - (multiple terrains)

• Ravage Apex
  • Ravage CUP

New terrains section added - Romania based Terrains

New terrain added to the new section

• Teregova

• Cytech Underground Map

=======================

Sad news

The terrains on the workshop collection dropped from 380 terrains to 373, seems there are some

terrain makers that dont wont their terrains being shared or in a collection.

I suppose i can understand, but then why share on the workshop, idk what the exact reason is but, imo im doing all these terrains

and the community a favor by having the terrains on a compilation list here.

Anyways idk what terrains where removed from the workshop, probably not removed more like hidden or made private, so unless i check every terrain listing

here i wont know exactly what terrain was removed, so if anyone runs across a terrain in one of the categories that is not there, let me know and i'll remove it.

Cheers!

Update

Time for an update.

New additions!

USA based Terrains

• Tuckernuck Island

Miscellaneous Terrains

Island based terrains

• Kelleys Island V1 (2022)

• Bala Murghab, Afghanistan (beta)
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic list mate, appreciate the work you put into it. 🙂

Just a small note though, the Bornholm map is not Swedish terrain, it's Danish 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks!

I have some new terrains to add to the list so i will relocate the terrain in my next update, thanks for letting me know! Cheers!

Update

added new Terrains!

• Stalker Map

• Afghan Village
  • Fayshkhabur, Iraq
  • Federally Administered Tribal Areas
  • PMC 51km Desert
  • Tora Bora, Afghanistan
  • Avgani, Iraq
  • Baghdad, Iraq
  • Razani, Northern Waziristan
  • Wild Desert

Miscellaneous Terrains

• MOUT Training Facility

USA Based Terrains

• Twentynine Palms

Island based Terrains

• Elephant Island 2035

Denmark based Terrains

• Tuno Island (Denmark)

Misc updates

• Created a new Terrain category titled Denmark based Terrains
  • Relocated Bornholm from Sweden to the Denmark based terrains - (thanks to Revarnes for the feedback! )
  • Removed a terrain listing that was no longer on the workshop - (there may be more, if you find any, please let me know, thanks! )
  • Like 1