ZaellixA

Enable dynamic simulation for a script-spawned unit

Hey all...

According to BIKI, one can use the enableDynamicSimulation command to turn on/off the dynamic simulation of an object. It seems that one can use a group or object as the target of the command but the comments above dictate that the object cannot be an AI. If this is true, how can one set the dynamic simulation on or off for a single AI entity?

Thanks in advance... 🙂

Thanks for the answer...

If this is true though, it means that one will have to "manually" handle (or just code) a similar behaviour to the dynamic simulation feature of ArmA which in my opinion renders the feature (not completely but almost) useless to scripted missions... Of course I may exaggerating a bit here but it makes no sense to me to be unable to do something which is extremely easy to do in 3den with a command in script.

Once more, thanks for the insight though 🙂...

4 hours ago, ZaellixA said:

Hey all...

According to BIKI, one can use the enableDynamicSimulation command to turn on/off the dynamic simulation of an object. It seems that one can use a group or object as the target of the command but the comments above dictate that the object cannot be an AI. If this is true, how can one set the dynamic simulation on or off for a single AI entity?

Thanks in advance... 🙂

That works for groups. Can't you have your unit belonging to a specific group?

Edited or spawned, dynamic simulation applies to groups (or objects like props) , simple simulation: enableSimulation (global or not) applies to entities.

• Like 1

So that means that there's no choice to apply it to specific units?

Of course all units belong to a group (even if they solo it) which would allow for enabling/disabling dynamic simulation but it seems quite counter-intuitive to be able to enable/disable dynamic simulation on specific units in 3den but not through script.

I guess that going for group dynamic simulation is a rather OK "workaround" but still seems quite "not normal".

Thanks for the suggestion

4 minutes ago, ZaellixA said:

it seems quite counter-intuitive to be able to enable/disable dynamic simulation on specific units in 3den but not through script.

You can't. Check twice: dynamic simulation is ok on group icon, simple simulation is OK for the unit itself. You have also the wake-up dyn sim option, but it's not the simulation for the unit.

• Like 1

Hhhhmmm, probably you were right... I was confused with the photo of the BIKI page that has "enable dynamic simulation" option for a HEMTT, which I suppose is considered to be an object and not a unit.

Thanks for the clarification...!!!