Sign in to follow this  
Reticuli

Crouching needs to drain stamina

Not sure if any of you noticed, but in real life crouching is not as easy as standing strait up.  BI needs to have crouching very slightly drain stamina, and obviously if you're crouching and moving at the same time, you've got both the crouch and movement now draining energy. This needs to be compounded by load even more than the load affects strait standing movement.  BTW, I'm not talking about taking a knee.  I'm a bit tired of seeing 50 dudes running around and everyone's crouched constantly.

• Like 3

So basically what you're saying is that the game should detect if your avatar knowsabout 50 dudes running around crouching and then apply a stamina penalty to your character because viewing this scene can make you a bit tired. /bad jk 😉

I don't know if 'the community NEEDS this', but I agree that the game character have unreasonable fitness in some areas leading to these strange behaviors. I think many players don't have the patience for more realistic behavior. There were many discussions about this before and BI has dialed back a quite punishing fatigue mechanism in the past. Even in this serious game, people want to jump fences in full gear where it can actually be quite difficult to even board a truck with all that gear in real life.

We can hope, maybe in Arma 4!

On 10/27/2021 at 8:34 PM, joostsidy said:

So basically what you're saying is that the game should detect if your avatar knowsabout 50 dudes running around crouching and then apply a stamina penalty to your character because viewing this scene can make you a bit tired. /bad jk 😉

I don't know if 'the community NEEDS this', but I agree that the game character have unreasonable fitness in some areas leading to these strange behaviors. I think many players don't have the patience for more realistic behavior. There were many discussions about this before and BI has dialed back a quite punishing fatigue mechanism in the past. Even in this serious game, people want to jump fences in full gear where it can actually be quite difficult to even board a truck with all that gear in real life.

We can hope, maybe in Arma 4!

Agreed. I think this is a setting that would either be mod-specific (e.g. in ACE) or be togglable on/off to not alienate the more "casual" players.