Reticuli

I can walk through vehicles

Only the mods your running, if not your lagging real bad, never heard of such

an issue myself, maybe ai clipping through vehicles i seen that before, but not players.

That depends to if you were already in the vehicle in one of the seats, what type of vehicle, did you get in and then try to get out

was their explosions, fighting, was it peaceful, were you in the editor previewing a mission or just messing around, on a server, what?

Glitches only happen in circumstance and for a reason, so provide some details and maybe someone can give you a reason.

So computer specs, any mods, scripts, what you were playing, where, and post your rpt.

Go here---->  C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

locate the rpt with latest date, open it with notepad, copy it all, then paste it here:

https://justpaste.it/

publish it, and grab the link and post it in your reply, so provide that detail and lets end or

get close to end this guessing game.

• Like 1

I wonder if it's part of one of the mods to prevent you from being run over, but I think TPW and something else are already making drivers stop so they don't.  A few vehicle I will not be able to walk through, but many of them I can, including tanks.

Here are the mods currently loaded, which otherwise are a great combo, and I'll admit this slight bug isn't the worst thing in the world:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uxho_gwXW3QZwmLc7jmwX0rOY1HHsRU2/view?usp=sharing

Here is the latest rpt:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s9QLYcCKHPJKoWYBlgDwF8bqtKyhBZ0s/view?usp=sharing

What's in the rpt, by the way? 

Oh, and another odd thing I notice is that I can't save my game and get back in, rather I have to restart the missions from scratch.  I don't find that as annoying as it sounds, though, but just raises the stakes.

7 hours ago, Reticuli said:

Here are the mods currently loaded

Spoiler
  1. .50cal Zubr Revolver (signed with serverkey)
  2. @AI Driving Control
  3. @Full Screen Night Vision Goggles (APEX) - ACE COMPAT
  4. [MS] - Realistic Boat Extraction
  5. [MS] - Weapon Slinging
  6. [MS] Adaptive Stances
  7. [WIP] Anti-Bounce System (ABS)
  8. 40mm Shotgun Rounds
  9. A3 Thermal Improvement
  10. ACE Grenades in hatches - Tweaked
  11. ACE3 for Project injury Reaction (PiR)
  12. aceWarlords
  13. Adjustable Walking Speed
  14. AEW | After East Wind
  15. AH-64D Apache Longbow - Official Project
  16. AI "It's a Machine Gun!"
  17. AI avoids prone
  18. Alias Night FX Modules
  19. All-in-One Command Menu (Deluxe)
  20. Alternative Running
  21. Ambient Wild Boars
  22. Area 51
  23. Arma 3 Dunes
  24. Arma Commander
  25. Arsenal Search
  26. Atlas' KA XM25 Reticle Fix
  27. Auto Weapon Lower
  28. AutoPistol
  29. BettIR (Legacy v0.2.1)
  30. blood mist
  31. BloodLust
  32. Blurry Laser
  33. Brighter Flares
  34. Brighter Flares (ACE Compatibilty Patch)
  35. Bullet-Time (Slow-Motion)
  36. CBA_A3
  37. Cinematic Lens Flare
  38. CJTF No Helmet Req IR Strobe
  39. Commandeer AI (Rankless)
  40. Commander Turret Override
  41. Contact
  42. Dagger Mod for ACE
  43. DEGA: AH-99E Mohawk Modification
  44. Drongos Command Enhancement
  45. Drongos Smooth Operators
  46. Drongos Spooks and Anomalies
  47. Drongos Weapon Switch
  48. Dual Arms - Two Primary Weapons
  49. Dynamic Lights Extended
  50. EMP Systems
  51. Enhanced Map Ace Version
  52. Enhanced Movement
  53. Enhanced Smoke
  54. Enhanced Soundscape
  55. Enhanced Video Settings
  56. F-16 Fighting Falcon
  57. F-23A Grey Ghost
  58. F-35C Lightning II (2021)
  59. Fawks' Enhanced NVGs
  60. Females-TCGM_Girls
  61. Fifty Shades of Female (formerly FEMAL3 Heads)
  62. FIR AWS(AirWeaponSystem)
  63. Fire Launcher from Unarmed LSV
  64. Fluid/incremental door opening
  65. Footstep Sound Fix - Forests
  66. foxMod: AI Tweaks
  67. Freestyles Crash Landing
  68. Full Screen Night Vision Goggles (APEX)
  69. GC's Low Grass
  70. Gen's First Contact - Alien Invasion
  71. Goko Ballistic Impact
  72. Grenade Window Breaker(mod version)
  73. H-60 Release Candidate
  74. Headlamps by Vestarr
  75. HMCS Addon
  76. HMCS Addon thermal edited version
  77. HMDs MOD
  78. hud_vitals
  79. Integrated AI Voice Control System - Control AI with your voice!
  80. JSRS SOUNDMOD
  81. Kholm
  82. Kill Confirmed
  83. LAMBS_Danger.fsm
  84. LAMBS_RPG
  85. LAMBS_Suppression
  86. LAMBS_Turrets
  87. Less Explody Aircraft
  88. Loot to Vehicle for ACE and Antistasi
  89. Macross - ADR-04-Mk X Defender
  90. Macross - MBR-04-Mk VI Tomahawk
  91. Map Darkmode ACE
  92. Max Horror Mod
  93. Max_Alien
  94. Max_Melee_Weapons
  95. Max_Predator
  96. Max_Terminator
  97. Max_Zombies
  98. MCC Sandbox 4 - Mission Making The Easy Way
  99. Mission Asset Pack
  100. Nightstalker TWS Scopes Pro
  101. No More Aircraft Bouncing
  102. Octocamo_Suit
  103. Operation TREBUCHET
  104. Optical Camouflage Viper (光学迷彩VIPER)
  105. Personal Statistics
  106. Plane Turbulence
  107. Portable Arsenal
  108. Project injury Reaction (PiR)
  109. Pulse Rifle Aliens
  110. Ravage
  111. Real Engine
  112. Realistic Auto Pilots
  113. Robert Hammer Pistols Pack Reupload
  114. Scope with Goggles
  115. Simple Single Player Cheat Menu
  116. Simple Suppress
  117. Smarter Tanks
  118. Smoke and Flare Fix for 40mm UGL rounds.
  119. Splendid Lighting Modification
  120. Swim Faster
  121. Tactical Position Ready
  122. Tactical Weapon Swap
  123. Tao Folding Map
  124. TF Dust Storm Menu
  125. TF Monsoon Menu
  126. TF Snow Storm Menu
  127. Thermal Goggles
  128. Thermal Vision Goggles by Rad (OP Edition)
  129. Throwable Weapon
  130. TPW MODS
  131. TRIA [Terrain] ALPHA 0.3
  132. Ultimate Warfare Rubber Edition
  133. USCM Mod
  134. Vault Dweller Suit and Helmet
  135. Vcom AI V3.4.0
  136. Vehicle Inventory System
  137. VileHUD
  138. Warlords
  139. XM-25 Airbursting Grenade Launcher (ATA_xm25)

You seriously have 140 mods loaded when you play?

According to the launcher mod page you do, my advice is to create profiles in the launcher based on what you like to play.

i hope your not creating missions with all these mods loaded because you create an addon dependency.

As for your issue walking through vehicles, look at the mods that deal with vehicles and game play functions,

like Vehicle Inventory System, Optical Camouflage Viper (光学迷彩VIPER, TPW,  to name a few.

What's in the rpt, by the way? 

Rpt is a log file that the game creates every time you start the game.

if you start the game with -nologs set in your parameters which you do, an rpt will be created but no information

other then mods, dlc and computer specs will be posted, so you wont see a list of any errors, conflicts, what your playing, ect,.

If you [ ] no logs <---- unchecked that box when you play then a full rpt will be written into, and will continually be added too until you

exit the game, this is the log i need.

Oh, and another odd thing I notice is that I can't save my game and get back in, rather I have to restart the missions from scratch.

You haven't answered my original questions which would allow me to give you an answer if i know,

but i have to ask again

so ...

What mission are you playing?

1. is it a SP vanilla scenario
  2. vanilla campaign, or subscribed campaign
  3. showcase
  4. a subscribed mission from the workshop
  5. mission you created in the editor

Are you playing singleplayer?

Are you playing on a server?

Are you hosting the mission via MP lan?

=========

So im assuming your playing singleplayer and a scenario is my guess

you cant save the game and or reload it because of mods, without the mods you will, lets just say the mods create a lot of fluff

in the save file, and or corrupts it.   Overall to many mods, to many problems, to solve it create mod profiles, and only load those mods you will be playing with.

One never drags the boat along with them after they have crossed the river.

• Like 1

I posted this thread because I really don't want to disable each mod individually to find which is causing this.  Obviously that would be a sure-fire way to find out which is the culprit.

I haven't made any missions and I realize doing so with these mods on will add dependencies. 

The only time I turn off these mods is for a mission that absolutely is broken if Arma 3 is not vanilla stock or if I go onto MP Warriors, but frankly the number of cheaters in MP official servers and the number of other people who are jerks or mentally ill is a bit much to handle usually.  Hitler sermons.  Some guy going "I don't care!" to everything said.  People who are walking through walls or invulnerable.  And back to the SP missions, honestly, I'm more likely to just not play a mission than play vanilla.  In the less than a month that I've been playing Arma 3 it's taken me this long to finally get the right combination of mods and some semblance of stability.  You should try them, it's an amazing experience this combo.  I have about the same number of mods that are on the HD but just not loaded usually, like the Starship Troopers mods that change the front game screen or some that add like a 1000 new uniforms and  (really dumb) ammo types and slow down getting to Arsenal.

This particular glitch only happens in single player, probably because in MP all the mods are off, and happens regardless of the SP type game, though mostly I've been playing the scenarios in the last few days.  There isn't some drop in frame-rate when it happens, and it's not every vehicle.

I will allow logs for a session and have it generate that in case there's a crash and also do a complete rpt.  Quite a few people recommended I turn it off for stability or something.  Will that identify a mods conflict?

59 minutes ago, Reticuli said:

I posted this thread because I really don't want to disable each mod individually to find which is causing this.  Obviously that would be a sure-fire way to find out which is the culprit.

To be honest, that is probably the only way you're going to find the cause. Its either one mod, or a conflict between more than one and going through one-by-one will eventually (probably™) find the cause. Who knows, maybe it'll be the first one you turn off? Hopefully you will find the answer before the 140th...

• Like 2

Lordy, that would bite, Jackal.  Oh well, it's not that big a deal to warrant 140 times.  It's not like the enemy is trying to run me over, which is unfortunate, and the AI now is tweaked to the point that civies and my own guys won't run over me finally.  They're no longer backing up and driving forward into walls over and over, even, which is good.  Just ironic that now I can walk through some of them, which wasn't the case back when I had more issues with their driving.

Reticuli Do you want help or dont you?

Then answer the questions, i get your points but a back story isn't necessary i'm asking specific questions

for a reason, these various questions act like a process of elimination without having to remove mods, at the same time

reviewing a full rpt thats with the logs on.

From there you can determine if you want to start removing mods based on what the rpt is telling you, if so and so

mod is doing this then its possible its adding to and or creating the issue or other issues possibly related.

1 hour ago, Reticuli said:

I will allow logs for a session and have it generate that in case there's a crash and also do a complete rpt. 

Quite a few people recommended I turn it off for stability or something. 

Will that identify a mods conflict?

Yes when you have a ton of mods loaded theres bound to be conflicts during a mission, and when the logs are on basically the

game will and might spam the rpt, this eventually will get big, and start to bloat and start to use up your ram, its worse on a server if you let it go.

As for identifying conflicts the rpt is the first place to start for any issue you have, so yes you can identify mod conflicts to a degree depending

as well as conflicts in a mission, like script errors, bugs, ect,.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Reticuli said:

A few vehicle I will not be able to walk through, but many of them I can, including tanks.

Can you give a specific vehicle name you can walk through?

Edit: In the meantime you have various mods that "mess" with animations, some might be conflicting. Most likely one or more are incompatible with PiR.

ACE3 for Project injury Reaction (PiR)

Adjustable Walking Speed

AI avoids prone

Alternative Running

Auto Weapon Lower

Dual Arms - Two Primary Weapons

Enhanced Movement

Project injury Reaction (PiR)

Real Engine

Swim Faster

Tactical Position Ready

Tactical Weapon Swap

RCA3, it happens randomly and in the same type of vehicles.  Sometimes one Toyota will let me walk through it and the one right next to it will be normal.  Sometimes it's tank.  It does seem more often to be vehicles I've driven myself than ones I have not, but that doesn't seem 100%.

I turned the logging on, but didn't get any CTDs to outright save a log file.  First I tried starting Arma 3 for just Arsenal and saw a couple errors with logging turned on.  The new blackhawk had an error pop up and needed another mod to work that wasn't previously mentioned, so I downloaded that one.  Then I noticed there were errors listed for Realistic Boat Extraction (not sure why) and AI Hey It's A Machine Gun (needs RHS?), so I got rid of those two temporarily.  I ran Neptune Spear.  Walking through vehicles still happened, though.  When entering the mission another error message popped up that said something about a static object having no source and to resave the mission, but it played out fine otherwise except for lower framerates at the end of the mission than with logging off.  Besides logging turned off, or maybe moreso, I suspect the new blackhawk and framework mod it needed was causing slow down issues, so I dumped both of those.  There was also an error notice upon exiting of OPTRE wanting Ace 3 relating to not being capable of save games.  So I guess OPTRE doesn't recognize that particular Ace for PiR version or that version of Ace is missing something OPTRE needs. 

Here is the rpt file after the mission I just ran:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M2JX0TqdCaHhoWeqhRnSdmumezuQo8NF/view?usp=sharing

My mod list is now back with RBE and the AI Hey It's A Machine Gun, but without the new Blackhawk or its Hatchet framework.  Other than walking through some vehicles benignly (they avoid me, anyway) and not being able to save, it's reasonably stable and extremely fun.

That seems to be linked with a disableCollisionwith (this command works locally, so the result on vehicles driven by player (same locality before handover on server). Now, you have to determine which mod could benefit from such behavior.

Interesting.  Thanks.  I will try and search out the mods and see which it could be.  Perhaps it's one that's trying to prevent me from running over my own guys or something.  Or maybe something allowing me to change seats quickly.

On a side note, I just added Immerse, which is pretty cool, and am also looking for ways to use up stamina from Enhanced Movement and injury/healing, so I'm sure that will complicate things.

I have some idea for this kind of functionality but lot of work is to do (I made some test on big units like ships and it work but main problem is discovering obstacles to prevent movement and make corrrect animation stage for unit when it's height is much above real ground (roadway lod is not discovered correctly thru other objects when they are connected together by attachto command.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2922532129 (this maybe will be independent mod for make walkable vehicles)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2917284459 in this one system is implemented in so walking is possibile only on this ship (still have many issues due to refreshing by engine real positions of triggers and proxy objects attached to each other), in VBS it is done in engine but in ARMA nobody add this feature to engine so teorretically is possibile but real it is very difficult to make it work in perfect way.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2664151280 this was test of boths solutions (second is make movable vehicles in/on vehicles :) so planes on carrier should be possibile to move - and not only planes.