Helicopter Man

AI Shooting Through Composition Walls

I am attempting to make a fun mission for me and my friends based on the movie  "The Rock".  I found a good composition on Steam that features all that I need, including an underground passage.  Whenever I enter the passageway a majority of the AI OPFOR units fire on me despite not seeing me.  I would also like to note that all of the objects are have simulation disabled and that I am using the LAMBs set of mods for AI improvement, but also RHS, ACE, Enhanced Movement, and 3den Enhanced that might also be causing the AI to act this way.  

Just a thought but do they AI know you are there like did they hear you at all when you entered the area?

As once they can pin point your location i believe its called knowsabout they can track you.

Once they track you based on your movement they can follow it, follow your lead and shoot at that even though not being able to see you.

What are the walls made up of in the tunnel from this composition are they concrete or wood?

If concrete then thats another issue, if wood or another material maybe a little harder then depending on what weapon and caliber

their using it could be fairly realistic.

Can you link the composition that you found on the workshop?

I don't think the AI can hear me as I am not firing my weapon at all but it might be my footsteps.  The tunnel's walls are just the rocks that are the exterior's barriers so it should prevent most noise from being heard outside.  Here is the link as well: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2445686456

Neat, i would suggest try without lambs mods and see if that changes anything in terms of them shooting at you.

16 hours ago, Helicopter Man said:

3den Enhanced that might also be causing the AI to act this way. 

3den Enhanced is only for the editor, it dont do anything other then expand the editor with new functionality, loading it for

something your going to play is not needed, nor will it do anything more especially to or with the AI.

RHS is mostly units, weapons, vehicles and assets alike, ace might have an influence if you have the AI file loaded from ace

but my guess is its a combination of lambs and those tunnels.

Where are the AI when they do shoot at you?

And when they do shoot at you are you being hit or are they shooting and hitting

the tunnel while your inside it?

5 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Where are the AI when they do shoot at you?

And when they do shoot at you are you being hit or are they shooting and hitting

the tunnel while your inside it?

They don't shoot through the tunnel, but they open fire by the time I climb onto the industrial pipe catwalk inside the tunnel.  Other times they have fired at me when I emerge from the water inside the tunnel as well, so usually when I enter the actual usable part of the tunnel.

I see, so they are somehow spotting you and or hearing you i could guess.

Maybe their spotting skill is a bit to high, try without lambs mods and see if that changes how they respond to you.

Overall the process of elimination is where you start when encountering errors, bugs, or things happening that your not sure of.

Perhaps also a problem of LOD geometry depending on how are placed the rocks. Does this occur everywhere, or in a part of "tunnel", or below sea level?

The only thing you can do is to orient your AIs, their back turned from players' direction. You can disable some behavior: in init field of the AI: {this disableAI _x} count  ["target","autotarget"];