GimbleFIN_

Reload weapon properly after you pick up weapon

I'm not sure what's up with this. After you pick up weapon from map or from dead, you need to reload it twice. If you only reload once, next time you open the door or pick up anything from ground you will reload simultaneously again. (Bug?) It's kind of annoying and also can be a big problem if you start reloading without intention when enemy is close, especially if you have LMG. Reload should mean always reload, including one in chamber.

While I appreciate the annoyance of this reload issue and I know exactly what you mean I for one have no issue with it as it is except for a minor change I think could help which would be to change the interact button to something else other than the reload button. That in my eyes would fix the whole issue is just finding a way to remap the interact button, perhaps holding A at a door instead? aside from that what your experiencing is a regular reload then the tactical reload. Tactical reload being performing the action before hitting 0 bullets the actual mechanic of this is fine. What isn’t is the fact that the game can’t remember how many Bullets were already in somebody’s gun prior to dying. Imagine how much time would be saved if someone with 15 rounds in a mag died and someone collected the gun and only needed one reload? 
so yeah two potential fixes 

-remember how many bullets are in a gun of a fallen outlander.

-remap the reload button so it doesn’t clash 🙂