xlKmw4s.png
Enhanced visual feedback

SINGLEPLAYER ONLY

BJR4g1d.jpg

About

Squad Feedback aims to enhance AI / player communication via visual cues so you receive the same information your AI team does, including team status and known enemy locations.

Features

This mod can display the following information about each unit in your group:

• Index
    Its number in your group
  • If it's the group leader or formation leader
    Group leaders will have their index between chevrons (like <1>). Formation leaders will display a ^ besides it (like 1^). If the unit is both it will be displayed like this: <1>^

• Role
    Based on attributes and currently equipped weapon, which can be different from its class
  • Class
  • Health status
  • Ammo status
  • Team color
  • Distance
  • Alive status
    Dead squadmates can display a relevant icon (a skull) after a configurable time delay

Also, as part of the group you can also receive information about current known enemies, including:

• Current or last known position
  • Distance

You can toggle the visibility of each one of those mentioned above in the Addon Settings panel.

Occlusion
Enemy units are subjected to occlusion and visibility checks, trying to emulate the way AI detects and follows threats:
?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Enemy Tracking Devices

D47s5iq.jpg

By default, known enemies will automatically tracked whenever you have equipped one of the following items:

• Combat Goggles (any version, including balaclavas)
  • Tactical Glasses (any version)
  • VR Goggles
  • Assassin Helmet (any version)
  • Defender Helmet (any version)
  • Fighter Pilot Helmet (any version)
  • Special Purpose Helmet (any version)

You can toggle this option off or add more gear with this feature by adding class names (without quotes and separated by commas) in the HUD Display - Advanced section of the Addon Settings panel.

Default Keybinds

• Display Squad HUD (Toggle): TAB
  • Display Known Enemies (Toggle): Ctrl + TAB

You can change those keybinds by going to:
Options > Controls > Configure Addons (in the lower part of the controls window) > Squad Feedback (select it from the ADDON combo box)

gwmB585.jpg

Changing Settings
You can change the default settings by going to:
Options > Addon Options > Squad Feedback (select it from the ADDON combo box)

uUCJzkv.jpg

If you hover over a setting's name a tooltip with extended information about what it does will be displayed.

Credits

• CBA_A3 - Without this the customization options wouldn't be the same. Also, some nifty functions were used

• killzone kid - for the very useful zoom function

• "pulse" by Trendy from the Noun Project, used in the logo

Permissions
VgZW2Qa.png

This project falls under the Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA).

4APRZmN.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

A very useful addition, and with the "show known enemies" feature, you don't have to worry about Arma undescritpive contact calls!

• Like 1

Oh yeah, beautiful presentation! Sleek logo, video, although starts a bit too murdererly epic, turns out somehow calming in addition to being informative. Great non-cluttered description with plenty of pics, simply excellent standard. I've always been impressed with just how thoughtful many people tend to be around here.

Anyway yeah, that's the type of improvement we will need in official capacity for the next main installment in the series to enhance interaction with your squad, streamline the process, make it easier and quicker while improving functionality at the same time. Menus are also very vanilla like so, as I said, brilliant effort!

• Like 1

Brilliant! 

Squad awareness in general has always been so lacking as to pretty much resign you to just letting your squad do one thing while you do your own. This helps bridge that gap -very nice

• Like 1

I love this mod! Finally I understand where enemies are when my vehicle crews point them out. Works great for planes, helicopter and tanks.

Is there a setting that displays the type of enemy? (like tank, infantry, tec.)

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 1

Glad you're finding it useful!

3 hours ago, kibyde said:

Is there a setting that displays the type of enemy? (like tank, infantry, tec.)

There's no current option to do that, but you have some hints about the type of enemy right now. Vehicles will always display a bigger icon than infantry.

I might consider including an option to show either class name or generic type of unit (infantry, tank, car, etc). The problem is that there's going to be a cluster of texts if enemies are too close, particularly at the distances you might find enemies in an air vehicle, which would make this option not that useful. Another option would be to change the generic "unknown" enemy icon that I'm using right now with one specific of that type of unit, but at a distance I'm afraid it wouldn't be that easy to tell apart. I don't know, I'm still tweaking all this. I'll look into it.

Updated:

- NEW: Enemy icons will now reflect the type of unit
- NEW: Group and formation leaders index will now always be shown if "Always Show Index" is on
- FIX: Fixed default enemy tracking devices not being detected in some instances
- FIX: Unknown enemy position icon now changes size based on the last known position, not the real enemy position
- CHANGE: No calculations will be done to display the HUD when the enemy and/or player are still, the stored values in the unit vars will be used instead. This helps improve performance but adds some jerkiness in the updating of the enemy icons
- CHANGE: Removed redundant visibility calculations from HUD text functions
- CHANGE: Refactored alpha function
- CHANGE: Now using CBA_fnc_getFov instead of getObjectFOV

• Like 2

Updated:

- NEW: Option to disable known enemies checks when not in a group, enabled by default. The known enemies will be those that the unit you are controlling perceives. Even if disabled, known enemies will still be shown if you have 'Allow Enemy Tracking Devices' enabled and one of those devices equipped.
- NEW: Option to enable more precise visibility checks for enemy vehicles, disabled by default. This will check all the corners of their bounding box instead of a single point, so it will severely affect performance.
- FIX: Enemy icons for armor was checking for the wrong parent class, displaying always the Unknown icon. Now enemy armor will display the armor icon, as it should.
- FIX: More consistent results for the checks of group change
- CHANGE: Separated clean enemy taggers as a function

• Like 3

Thanks for working on this, excellent addition for us singleplayer lovers. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jeza said:

Thanks for working on this, excellent addition for us singleplayer lovers. 

No problem! I'm also a SP guy, so this was made mainly for myself. I've been using a (quite crude) version of this mod for years now. It wasn't until recently that I decided to make it public. 

Also, I'm pretty sure that we SP crowd are a significant chunk of the playerbase (if not the majority, although we just don't like to talk as much :shrug:), so I figured this tool would help quite a few others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Updated:

- CHANGE: Increased default view distance for squadmates from 500 to 800m for land and from 1500 to 2000m for air
- FIX: Fixed instance in which the HUD auto enabled without user input

• Like 2

On 9/22/2021 at 7:29 AM, kenoxite said:

Also, I'm pretty sure that we SP crowd are a significant chunk of the playerbase (if not the majority, although we just don't like to talk as much :shrug:)

So we're like umm... "silent majority"? Who's our Dick the President then? :D