PPCheese

How to make multiple M4 Scorchers fire at once?

Hi,

basically the question is in the title. How can i group multiple Artilliry units so they fire all at once, once i called Fire Support?

(my config so far: Player <-> Artilliry Request node <-> Artilliry node <-> M4 Scorcher in group with three other Artilliry units - in this constellation, unfortunately, they all fire individually one after the other ) 

thanks in advance!

Seperately can you not make them target wherever they are to fire and after they are all in position tell them all to fire together? It should work 👍

EDIT: That is via a radio trigger script. Did not see you want the module.

No need to group them. You just have to name your first artillery (say art1)
then, in init field of the others:

if (isServer) then {
  this spawn {  
    private _masterCommander = effectiveCommander art1;  
    while {alive _masterCommander && alive effectiveCommander _this} do {  
      waitUntil {sleep 0.5; _masterCommander getVariable ["BIS_SUPP_supporting",false]};  
      private _requester = _masterCommander getVariable "BIS_SUPP_requester";  
      private _coords = _masterCommander getVariable "BIS_SUPP_supportRunCoords";   
      private _ammo = (getArtilleryAmmo [vehicle _masterCommander] select (_masterCommander getVariable "BIS_SUPP_ammoType"));   
      private _burst = _masterCommander getVariable "BIS_SUPP_burst";   
      private _gunners = [effectiveCommander _this, _ammo, _burst, _coords] call BIS_SUPP_distributeRounds;
      sleep 5;   
      {_x commandArtilleryFire [_coords, _ammo, _x getVariable "BIS_SUPP_rounds"]} forEach _gunners;
      waitUntil {sleep 0.5; !(_masterCommander getVariable ["BIS_SUPP_supporting",true])};   
    };  
  };
};

Just tweak the sleep 5 delay.

Note: in group the tanks fire (almost) at the same time, but the total rounds is same as ordered for a unique artillery (the amount global and the counts are shared among tanks).
my code adds a firing code on other tanks than art1, so you multiply this global amount per code in tank init field.

• Like 1