SlovakianLynx

Hot August Campaign for ČSLA

HAOP-d.png

Unofficial paratrooper/partisan campaign for ČSLA Iron Curtain cDLC.

WORK IN PROGRESS.
Contains the more than 9 minute long opening cutscene, five missions and some other cutscenes. More missions will be added in the future.

!DO NOT RUN THIS CAMPAIGN WITH MODS, THAT AREN'T REQUIRED! Especially with ones, that change AI behavior.
Also, I don't recommend pressing the Esc key during a cutscene, as sometimes it breaks the camera animation.

You might need to revert the last cutscene/mission for the new one to show up. This is something I didn't realize, when I decided to add missions progressively.

Features and future plans:

• Story rich
  • Fully voice acted
  • Cutscenes
  • Good and bad ending
  • Collectibles
  • Custom music
  • Custom sounds
  • References to older games

Known issues:

In mission Morning Reaction:

• The commander sometimes gets stuck after 2nd objective cutscene . I recommend saving the game before entering the customs house and reloading this save, if it happens.
  • Explosive charges on the bridge levitate. I tweaked this 5 times, but after a while, they always started levitating.

In mission Sleepless Night:

• After loading the first autosave, the chatter between the radio station and HQ doesn't continue.

In mission Hidden and Dangerous:

• Parachuting for too long can result in a mission failure.
  • Your medic refuses to move after reaching points Tomáš, or Urban.

In mission Rude Awakening:

• NPCs sometimes levitate in the armory.
  • Enemy choppers crash into each other and sometimes explode after the airdrop.
  • There's lag after the paradrop.

Steam Workshop Link

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I've released an update for the campaign.

Changelog:

• Shorter Mission Sleepless Night was added. The next one will be much longer and complex.
  • Cleaned up scripts.
  • Some other smaller improvements.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've added a short cutscene called Increased Security after mission Sleepless night. From now on a short cutscene after each mission will be a standard, so you don't have to replay the whole mission, when a new one is released.

other changes:

• From now on, you will fail a mission, when you will kill more, than two friendly units, or civilians.
  • Like 4

I was gonna wait for the revised audio patch but I procrastinated too long for a minor issue and so bought CSLA with the current sale to support the team. It was just nonsense to me to not drop less than 10 quid for it when I can make it back in less than a hour of work. 

Will be trying this Campaign out after I play with the cDLC!

• Like 2

I've added a mission called Hidden and Dangerous to the campaign. I had to spit it into two parts due to issues with AI.
This toked some time due to PC problems, therefore a very short temporary cutscene follows after the mission, which will be replaced with a full-valued one in the near future.
I just felt, that it's been too long since the last update.

Please remember, that you need to revert the last cutscene for the new mission to show up.

Changelog:

• Improved lights in all missions and cutscenes.
  • Changed the hints to a nicer style.
  • Corrected the broken objective complete icon.
  • Like 5

The campaign was updated.

Changelog:

• Replaced the temporary cutscene with a full-valued one called Tension Intensifies.
  • Improved the joining of units to the player in mission Hidden and Dangerous part 1.
  • Increased the limiting radius after cutscene in the customs house in mission Morning Reaction, so it is possible to plant the charges even, if the commander gets stuck.
  • Improved the texture of Soviet flag.
  • Like 2

I have released a small update for the campaign.

Changelog:

• The commander should not get stuck in the customs house anymore in mission Morning Reaction.
  • Removed Laws of War dependancy from After the Assault cutscene.
  • Like 1

Mission Operation Tyrkys and cutscene Calm Times ware added to the campaign.

• Like 2

The campaign was updated for new ČSLA 1.1 version.

Changelog:
   -Fixed chopper not firing rockets in mission Operation Tyrkys.
   -Changed gear of some soldiers, so it corresponds more to their classes.

-The paratrooper squads now wait for each other in the woods before assaulting the airfield in mission Operation Tyrkys.
-When an enemy escapes Berda in mission Hidden and Dangerous part 1, the objective will be marked as failed.
-When the player gets noticed in Hidden and Dangerous Part 2, the objective will be marked as failed.
-Limited items in inventory of military vehicles, so the player can't use rocket launcher, when not necessary, for example.
-The radioman now carries R-129 instead of RF-10 in mission Morning Reaction.
-Tweaked the timing of dubbing, chat and camera in the opening cutscene.
-Some other smaller changes and improvements.

New mission is coming VERY SOON 😉

• Like 3

Mission Rude Awakening and cutscene Return to the Airbase ware added to the Campaign.
With the fifth mission added, the next update will be probably released only when the part for paratroopers is finished (2-3 more missions).
After that, Hot August will be updated only when fully finished. This might take a very long time, but it's a better solution, than adding missions one at a time.

• Like 2

I've released an update for the campaign.

Changelog:

• Re-dubbed some voice acting lines, that didn't sound good.
  • Vančo is not immortal after team switching in Hidden and Dangerous Part 1 anymore.
  • The main character is now invincible when the player is switched into another unit in Rude Awakening.
  • Several smaller improvements.
  • Like 2

Excellent mod, I love it.

But, for me it stopped at the beginning of Hidden and Dangerous par 1 mission after the cutscene (i was really hyped after one hour playing), when the officer and the player character get out the door of the armory. Theres a *ping* sound while they go away taking with each other and the camera freezes on the open door and the ammo trunks.

I don't know, there's also a message after the mission charges saying I'm missing MI24, i can write it all, but if you can help me... I'd love to finish up this campaign"

thanks!

Thanks.

This is starting to become like the IT question: have you tried restarting it?

ARE YOU RUNNING ANY MODS, BESIDES THE ONES, THAT ARE REQUIRED?

Thanks for the quick answer. Of course not, i wouldn't bug making a bohemia forum account and search your campaign here in the forum if I didn't do every of those basic IT steps, haha.

DLC CSLA Iron Curtain on, Hot August + Women mods.

I charge the Hidden and Dangerous part 1 and before the cutscence it gives me this:

imagem.png

Before the mission it gives me this:
imagem.png

After the two walk out, the sound of someone running and the *PING* sound it "freezes" here (can open the map but it'll give me the same as the briefing):

imagem.png

If i restart the mission on the menu it'll give me this:

imagem.png

I ask you with all these details because I was REALLY loving the campaign. Bravo anwyays! The Operation Flashpoint peoples front want more!

Glad to see, that someone is intelligent enough to try the basic IT steps before he posts something.

What you are experiencing is very strange and I can't reproduce it. For me the missions runs without any problems, either I launch it from the campaigns menu, or the editor. The only thing, that pops into my mind is, that you don't have the newest version of ČSLA, which includes Mi-24s, but even if so, I don't understand, why would it break the cutscenes.

Arma3-x64-2023-01-16-11-30-52-585.jpg

Arma3-x64-2023-01-16-11-31-01-836.jpg

Arma3-x64-2023-01-16-11-31-14-386.jpg

Glad you loved the campaign at least to this point. Maybe try reverting the entire campaign, or skip this mission with endmission cheat, but that would be a pity, because it's so far the best one in my opinion.

The campaign was unexpectedly updated, as I've discovered a somewhat serious bug.

Changelog:

•  The radioman isn't lethal anymore after team switching from him to another unit in mission Rude Awakening.
  •  The loading screens ware improved.