Luft08

Telling group to move to new position after BIS_fnc_taskDefend

I used BIS_fnc_taskDefend to get a group to defend a location but after a period of time I want the group to move to a new location and defend that position. I tried issuing another BIS_fnc_taskDefend but they ignore it. I also tried to set a waypoint but again they ignore it.

How do I cancel the BIS_fnc_taskDefend so that I can issue new commands?

Thanks.

As mentioned in BIKI,  the bis_fnc_taskDefend , is a script for a group that...

...will man nearby static defenses within a 100 metre radius of the defense position and guard the position. Some units will man weapons, others will patrol and the remainder will sit on the ground.

This script plays around:

- assigning as gunner some group units in empty static weapons;

- adding a "guard" waypoint for the group,

- randomizing some other group units for making them sat.

It's an easy way to script an all-in-one behavior, but if you want to move the group, you must unassign the units from any static, remove the guard waypoint or cope with it, stop the "sitDown" action for concerned units (exit safe combat mode).
You should consider your own script if you need to guard several points (see triggers "guarded by" as explained in the link above). See also createGuardedPoint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, pierremgi said:

As mentioned in BIKI,  the bis_fnc_taskDefend , is a script for a group that...

...will man nearby static defenses within a 100 metre radius of the defense position and guard the position. Some units will man weapons, others will patrol and the remainder will sit on the ground.

This script plays around:

- assigning as gunner some group units in empty static weapons;

- adding a "guard" waypoint for the group,

- randomizing some other group units for making them sat.

It's an easy way to script an all-in-one behavior, but if you want to move the group, you must unassign the units from any static, remove the guard waypoint or cope with it, stop the "sitDown" action for concerned units (exit safe combat mode).
You should consider your own script if you need to guard several points (see triggers "guarded by" as explained in the link above). See also createGuardedPoint.

Thanks pierremgi.  Wow that script does a lot.  I will write my own using the guard waypoint and createGuardedPoint as you suggest.  Thanks again for your info and advice.