Tankbuster

Shadowplay not recording audio

This used to work just fine, then I got a new graphics card and Shadowplay isn't recording game audio. It records my microphone, but all my captures are otherwise silent.

I've got the game set to output sound (Arma3 > options >audio) to my headphones (Logitech G533) but Shadowplay will only record game sound if I set that to my monitor, which it says is Q3277 Nvidia High Definition Audio (Q3277 being my monitor)

This was working until I got the GPU and reinstalled it's drivers, along with, presumably, the Nvida Audio drivers too.

Any ideas why I can't have the game audio through my headphones and Shadowplay record game sound?

I never had much luck with Shadowplay with audio, especially with Arma3. I play with a group which uses TFAR, it would always miss one radio channel. So I switched to using OBS which I find just works better.

• Like 1

I've googled this to death. Until I got the new GPU and with it, a reinstall of the drivers, I was able to have the all sound ( ts and game) in my headphones and Shadowplay could capture them all. Very frustrating.

Looks like I might be switching to OBS then.

As an idiot when it comes to recording/YouTubing I can also vouch for OBS 😁

• Like 1

Does OBS do that funky record-last-5-minutes thing?

Edit... ah... Replay Buffer... excellent!

Wow. Setting OBS up with my Streamdeck was a mission. It took an hour or so, but it's working finally

• Like 1