_Kairos

Too many manually placed objects caused visual glitching and lag.

Hi! So recently I have been attempting to use PMC maps for my future missions with my community but i've come across an issue I cannot seem to get past. The first issue was whenever I placed too many objects the game would lag and for some reason I would get a visual loss glitch and low fps (image for refrence). After some research I changed all of them to simple objects or disabled their simulation which solved my issue. I continued to create my map with no issue until I started placing more AI units and then the problem came back again. It seems I can have a map of 100+ objects that are simple objects/non simulated with no issues but if i place more than 20 AI then suddenly the issue starts again. I am wondering if its an issue with the PMC maps themselves or if maybe I am doing something wrong? I would appreciate any help I could get, I am tired of using the same old maps over and over again and would like to be able to solve this issue to create my operations. 

(image of the issue I get)

LkvRsZp.png

(image of what the map is supposed to look like)

StcsDfa.png

Welcome on forum.

Of course, start checking your video parameters (object distance)...

Then, can be also too many AIs+ too many mods probably. How many FPS? + as you can see you have also warnings for non present mods (patches) for ACE.

So, sort your priority: map, units mod(s), absolutely needed mods, scripts, objects...

And spawn units via script/mod instead of editing them all at once.Optimize your scenario. For example you can use the dynamic simulation and the garbage collector in 3den's multiplayer attributes.  If you're non-skilled at MP scripting, search and read for MP scripting basics. You can find also a great deal of topics in this forum. Make searches.

43 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Welcome on forum.

Of course, start checking your video parameters (object distance)...

Then, can be also too many AIs+ too many mods probably. How many FPS? + as you can see you have also warnings for non present mods (patches) for ACE.

So, sort your priority: map, units mod(s), absolutely needed mods, scripts, objects...

And spawn units via script/mod instead of editing them all at once.Optimize your scenario. For example you can use the dynamic simulation and the garbage collector in 3den's multiplayer attributes.  If you're non-skilled at MP scripting, search and read for MP scripting basics. You can find also a great deal of topics in this forum. Make searches.

Thank you so much! Will be checking all of these out immediately!!! One last question for spawning units. All of my Blufor/opfor units are custom made with loadouts from the virtual arsenal, any modules or scripting I can use for that type of configuration ?

You can save these custom loadout and apply them when units spawn but it's a lot of work.

There is no spawn module with this kind of work but you can apply a code on spawned unit.

I wrote my own spawn module (so a mod) for spawning any custom unit with any loadout (even if vehicle).

In general with objects even when static or without simulation I tend to get low FPS when too much are present near each other. Even with like 5 AI in the area. As for AI if you want to avoid spawning and scripting them you can just disable their simulation, hide them in clever places and enable it manually once it is the right time. That way there can be some very cool battles even in CQB without traumatizing the computer and letting lower specs be able to cope. And you avoid the possibility of players seeing enemies spawn and such. Once I was driving fast so enemies were appearing out of nowhere and pretty much ruining the experience. 

13 hours ago, _Kairos said:

It seems I can have a map of 100+ objects that are simple objects/non simulated with no issues but if i place more than 20 AI then suddenly the issue starts again.

Part of what will add to your the fps issue along with to many objects and AI is your set view distance.

Your view distance uses CPU power and gpu to render it, so high view distance will reduce performance, this also goes for object shadows too.

What are your computer specs btw?

CPU and alot of ram at a high frequency, and the game on an SSD makes a big difference in performance.

To give you an example of something i built over a period of two years Desert OPS Run - Tactical Arena is an arena in the current build it has 1,708 objects,

about 3/4 maybe less of them that are possible to made simple are simple objects.  In the mission itself i can garrison 104 soldiers, and spawn in 2-3 12 man

squads and still get about 45-55fps and thats with view distance set at 2,000, if i drop the view distance to the bottom which is 500m that fps jumps up 10,

but of course thats within the walls of an arena.

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Part of what will add to your the fps issue along with to many objects and AI is your set view distance.

Your view distance uses CPU power and gpu to render it, so high view distance will reduce performance, this also goes for object shadows too.

What are your computer specs btw?

CPU and alot of ram at a high frequency, and the game on an SSD makes a big difference in performance.

To give you an example of something i built over a period of two years Desert OPS Run - Tactical Arena is an arena in the current build it has 1,708 objects,

about 3/4 maybe less of them that are possible to made simple are simple objects.  In the mission itself i can garrison 104 soldiers, and spawn in 2-3 12 man

squads and still get about 45-55fps and thats with view distance set at 2,000, if i drop the view distance to the bottom which is 500m that fps jumps up 10,

but of course thats within the walls of an arena.

5 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

In general with objects even when static or without simulation I tend to get low FPS when too much are present near each other. Even with like 5 AI in the area. As for AI if you want to avoid spawning and scripting them you can just disable their simulation, hide them in clever places and enable it manually once it is the right time. That way there can be some very cool battles even in CQB without traumatizing the computer and letting lower specs be able to cope. And you avoid the possibility of players seeing enemies spawn and such. Once I was driving fast so enemies were appearing out of nowhere and pretty much ruining the experience. 

Thank you both for your responses! Luckily I was able to fix my issue with the show/hide module. I am now able to spawn about 30-40 AI at once with triggers with a couple seconds of lag but the issue is no more. Im guessing with all the AI present it was doing my CPU a good amount of stress but I think once they were hidden and I would just trigger the AI in it didnt cause my computer or the game to freak out. 

My specs btw is an I5-6600KCPU with a 1060GPU and 18 or 16 gigs of ram ( i forgot). 

I'll also keep in mind the disable AI and enable AI tactic, that gives me a good idea for some ambushes for my next op based off of the Ukrainian Insurgency in Donestk.

Thank you guys again!!

Welcome.

From my AI compilation list under the caching section for scripts:

the following if your interested could allow you to have more AI in your mission without loss of performance.

Caching

AI Caching and Distribution SP/MP
by Naught
https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/160869-ai-caching-and-distribution-system/

An SQF script designed to dynamically cache and distribute AI units across machines for maximum performance.

Editor based AI script by trigger SP/MP
by Murklor
https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/158029-editor-based-ai-spawn-by-trigger/

Grid Caching System - GCS SP/MP

by anthariel

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/229503-release-grid-caching-system-gcs/

GCS allows the mission maker to automatically cache into the memory AIs and vehicles.

Waypoints assigned to a group or a unit are also cached and are reapplied when the unit or group is set up.

The mission creator, if necessary, can also exclude a unit or a vehicle from the cache so

that the system does not take it into account.

SimpleCachev2 for AISSP (AI Spawn Script Pack) SP/MP
by Na_Palm
https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/164675-simplecachev2-for-aissp-ai-spawn-script-pack/
A revisited version of the simpleCache script included in AI Spawn Script Pack which does not require to execute any
controlled militarize and fillHouse script before.