Dj Rolnik

playSound3D local parameter not working

Hey everyone,

I am trying to use the playSound3D function with the "local" parameter that has been introduced in 2.06, but I cannot get it to work. Either I'm not getting it or doing something wrong.

Basically, when using the function syntax and putting in all the parameters the sound seems to play just fine, however as soon as I add the last parameter (either set to true or false) the sound does not play at all. What I would love to have is this function BE local, as in, the sound played to be heard only by the player triggering it.

Now I know the function itself says its effect is global by default (GE), so it makes me wonder whether the "local" parameter is not working or it is something completely different.

Thanks for your help in advance!

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/playSound3D

playsound3d.jpg

Are you on dev branch? The option is tagged as since 2.06 and the current official version is 2.04 afaik

• Thanks 1

Oh crap, you're right..  I have not noticed this and only assumed it's working without checking the version first. Well, I guess I did get the function right but it's just not the time to use it yet.

On a separate note, looking at the Dev Tracker it says that main updates are technically scheduled to be released within around a 2 month period and it seems to have been the case with the 2.02 hitting early March and 2.04 coming in late April. Latest changes to 2.04 seem to have been early June so hoping that the 2.06 gets pushed in the nearest future.

Anyone got any insight on that or any fresh info on the progress of 2.06?