I'm creating a script that takes the position of an airborne rocket and spawns an explosion on the rocket's position before deleting it. So far, the only script I've gotten to work for spawning the explosion is the following:

"HelicopterExpoBig" createVehicle (getPos _target);

This spawns an explosion every time, but one that is too big for my purposes. I've tried the various string names listed in "explosionEffect" in the config viewer for CfgAmmo but substituting those in results in no explosion at all being generated. In fact, I don't even know where HelicopterExpoBig came from, as I saw it in DayzMedic's video on how to script a CIWS. If anyone could provide pointers such as the location of HelicopterExpoBig so I can try some other explosion effects, that would be lovely. Ideally, this would be done without using any complicated scripts for particles and I can just find a working string name for an explosion effect that I would substitute into my script.

Additionally, the usual trick below doesn't work because it requires that the ordinance spawn on the ground. If spawned in the air, the resulting projectile such as a rocket would simply spawn with its rocket motor ignited and fly off.

bomb = "M_Zephir" createVehicle (getPos _target);

I know Tankbuster already made a thread on a similar subject, but that was resolved using files that are no longer obtainable and he never shared his final code, so it was a dead end. Hopefully, this approach of finding existing names for explosion effects will bear fruit.

Thanks in advance.

I've used this to do breaching charges:

"SmallSecondary" createVehicle _explosionPosition;

Can't remember how I got it. It was ages ago but I probably just spawn a bunch of munitions until I got the explosion I liked, then check the ammo's config maybe?

2 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

I've used this to do breaching charges:

"SmallSecondary" createVehicle _explosionPosition;

Can't remember how I got it. It was ages ago but I probably just spawn a bunch of munitions until I got the explosion I liked, then check the ammo's config maybe?

Beautiful! This works perfectly! Thank you.

In the end, I went for particle effects, rather than spawning ordnance because I needed a dust cloud of a particular shape.