thirith

Arma mods on Steam workshop: constantly on 0 bytes / 0 bytes

I know this problem has been around for a long time, but I've yet to find a solution for it that works and that sticks: for the last few weeks, I've often had Arma 3 workshop content shown in my Steam download list - but it always shows "Downloaded 0 bytes / 0 bytes", and when I click on "View news", it doesn't show me any mods that have actually been updated. As it is, I don't even know if there actually are mods I've subscribed to that should be updated, and I don't know which mods those would be.

Is there any reliable way of fixing this problem, or at least of finding out which mods are supposed to be updated, so I can unsubscribe and re-subscribe to them?

In last few days (after many years of successful cooperation) my Steam client also began to have this problem. It surely must be something on Steam end - just like in your case, Steam shows me no mods that were updated.

However, if I'll just let it do it's job, at the end it suddenly shows not only the amount of data downloaded, but also updates the list of updated Workshop mods. So it works, but it's rather annoying if some big mod got an update, and I don't even know what and for how long will be downloaded.

3 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

However, if I'll just let it do it's job, at the end it suddenly shows not only the amount of data downloaded, but also updates the list of updated Workshop mods. So it works, but it's rather annoying if some big mod got an update, and I don't even know what and for how long will be downloaded.

Cheers, that's good to hear. I hope that's also what's happening at my end, i.e. the mods do update in the end. I'm hoping that if one of the big mods I'm subscribed to has a major update, I'll see the posts here and know to look out for it. It's less an issue for myself than for the small multiplayer sessions I run - if we suddenly had different versions of mods because mine didn't download properly, that'd quickly become an issue.

Don't forget workshop updates also subscribed missions, not only mods.

Steam is horrible and the only reason they are so big is from illegal anti-competitive practices.