GimbleFIN_

Switching between current & previous weapon should always work with Y-button

So, it says on the control scheme screen that Y-button is weapon switch. But it's not, I kind of understand that to start with it's not always working because game can't know which weapon you want to switch to? But if there are only two weapons in loadout it's obvious and this should work to start with without need to select anything.

If you have more than two weapons and have weapon 1 in hand and you weapon 2 with LB then after that Y-button should switch between the 1 and 2 until you select something else with RB and so on...also if you use consumable then Y doesn't work again.

Not sure if this was always broken like this while I was away for 3 years, or is this a fresh bug? Anyway, this is a small hanging apple that should be definitely be fixed. It improves experience a lot while you don't have to mess with the RB selection menu in middle of gun fight to switch weapon.

I find that equipping any new gun I find in encounters right away Is necessary to enable the y button weapon swap. You’d want t do this anyway to prepare and reload the second weapon. If I understand your post correctly your just picking up the guns and not loading them thus can’t swap to them? 🙂 

2 hours ago, Matthew Aiken said:

I find that equipping any new gun I find in encounters right away Is necessary to enable the y button weapon swap. You’d want t do this anyway to prepare and reload the second weapon. If I understand your post correctly your just picking up the guns and not loading them thus can’t swap to them? 🙂 

Yes exactly, you partly got the point. But the mechanism is broken, if you once "enable" the Y swap and after that use like bandage or whatever you lose Y again. We need proper weapon switch that doesn't need constant hassle.

I wonder if as a stopgap measure the option to remap controls would help? Wonder if this could be implemented? Problem is every button has multiple uses already so it’s hard to do. If only we could have a quick select weapon radial like in some other games? 🧐

There is nothing wrong with intended implementation. I adore how this LB & RB weapon inventory handling has been done, it's amazing!

Only thing what we need to polish this diamond considering consumable/weapon handling is to fix this bug that prevents you to choose between current & previous weapon. It needs to always just work!! There is a usability bug here that needs to be just squashed, that's all! Dev team please consider, this game has steep learning curve even without this kind of "exrta difficulty thing"