Sign in to follow this  
JafferStroks

How does one setup a Single Mission to share it with others?

I have recently finished creating my first Arma 2 mission, but I have absolutely no idea how I should share it, do I just put the html, jpg, sqf, and sqm files in a folder then put that into zip and share or do I need to make a special folder or something? I was looking it omegle up and I saw something about having to create a folder with an @ folder name etc.

Anyone know any resources that can help me figure this out? I am so close to being able to share this mission with y'all I just need help with this one thing.

Hello JafferStroks to BI forums!

In the editor for Arma2 all you need to do is just go to save and then export to singleplayer.

Is the mission for Arma2 or is it for Arma 2 firing range?

What happens is the editor will take the mission folder with the mission.sqm, and anything else you added to the folder

like scripts ect,. and then pbo it.

A pbo is the game's version of "zipping" the mission up that is readable by the game, from there a person that wants to play it,

basically just puts the pbo into the singleplayer missions folder in the main directory of the game.

Otherwise from there just put the pbo into a zip and then upload it to like google drive, mega, dropbox, or another site,

then post that link for the upload so others can download it.

Thing with missions is you cant just give someone a mission.sqm along with other files, the mission belongs in a folder,

the folder is named whatever you named your mission, then at the end of the name will be the extension to the map that your mission is on.

If this map extension is missing the mission wont load for whomever you gave or downloaded the mission, unless they know their way

around the editor, and its files and understands that missions only load in a folder with a map extension.

So for example,

say your mission is called Assault and its on the map Utes, the name of that mission folder would look like

this ---->  Assault.utes

inside it will be the mission.sqm, and any other files like scripts, or jpg files, etc,.

8 hours ago, JafferStroks said:

I was looking it up and I saw something about having to create a folder with an @ folder name etc.

Thats for mods, missions are done differently, you can either export the mission and a pbo will be created as described above,

or you can locate your mission you built in the editor for arma 2 should be here

C:\Users\your username\Documents\ArmA 2\missions

from here just take the folder as you see it, dont remove anything or change the name, your mission should have the name and a .map extension on it

from there you can zip the mission or pbo it. Ideally its best to just export the mission from the editor, thats done when you go to save the mission.

8 hours ago, JafferStroks said:

Anyone know any resources that can help me figure this out?

There is the official wiki for the 2D editor https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/2D_Editor

thats mainly how to use the editor, export, files ect,.

Hope that helps.