Nicole_UK

fade in from black with sound

Hey, im trying to start my mission by fading in from black and im wanting the sound to fade in with it. iv got the fade in from black and everything else working as i want just the sound is still there. can someone help me with my script im sure iv added the "fadesound" thing wrong

titleCut ["", "BLACK FADED", 999]; 
    [] Spawn { 

titleText ["“Fear us women, o' enemies of humanity, for you who die by our hands, will burn in Hell forever.”\n\n  - Hanna Böhman","PLAIN"]; 
    titleFadeOut 15;
    0 fadeSound 15;
    sleep 17; 

// Info text 
    [str("Somewhere in Syria..."), str(date select 1) + "." + str(date select 2) + "." + str(date select 0)] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText; 

sleep 3; 
    "dynamicBlur" ppEffectEnable true;    
    "dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [6];    
    "dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 0;      
    "dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [0.0];   
    "dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 5;   

titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 5]; 
    };

any help much appreciated 🙂

For fadesound

The first number is how long the fade out/in is, second number is the sound level.  0 of no sound, 1 for full sound.

So, if you want the sound to fade out over 15 seconds, you would put,  15 fadeSound 0;

If you want the sound to fade back in during your 5 second "Black In", then you would use,  5 fadeSound 1;

Example here.

[] Spawn {

titleText ["“Fear us women, o' enemies of humanity, for you who die by our hands, will burn in Hell forever.”\n\n - Hanna Böhman","PLAIN"];

titleFadeOut 15;

15 fadeSound 0;

sleep 17;

// Info text [str("Somewhere in Syria..."), str(date select 1) + "." + str(date select 2) + "." + str(date select 0)] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;

sleep 3;

5 fadeSound 1;

titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 5]; };

• Like 1

thanks guys i knew i had got it wrong lmaoo thanks for your help!

much appreciated 🙂

6 hours ago, stburr91 said:

[] Spawn {

titleText ["“Fear us women, o' enemies of humanity, for you who die by our hands, will burn in Hell forever.”\n\n - Hanna Böhman","PLAIN"];

titleFadeOut 15;

15 fadeSound 0;

sleep 17;

// Info text [str("Somewhere in Syria..."), str(date select 1) + "." + str(date select 2) + "." + str(date select 0)] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;

sleep 3;

5 fadeSound 1;

titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 5]; };

I tried using this code but it didnt work 😞 

The sound is there from the beginning again but then for the last 5 seconds faded in as if it was just ignoring the first 15 fadesound 0;

Also the info text "somewhere in syria" doesnt show up anymore lol

not sure what exactly is happening but all i want is for it to fade in from black with the sound fading in from no sound (with the "fear us women" quote.) then once faded in the info text "somewhere in Syria" and the date.... for some reason I can get it working untill I try fade in the sound then for some reason its messing everything up...

Can someone please hep me im sure its something really simple but i just cant figure it out 😞

I think that was just an example for you to learn from. If you want sound muted to start, change 

15 fadeSound 0;

to 

0 fadeSound 0;

then change the "5" in 

5 fadeSound 1;

to however many seconds you want the fade in to take.

The double slashes in front of your info text is commenting that line, so it's not being executed. Just remove the "//." -- *EDIT* move the code to a new line, as "Info text" is supposed to commented. Derp!

• Like 1

Ok so I think iv sorted it... The first  15 fadeSound 0; was fading the sound out over 15 seconds (so after 15 seconds there would be no sound) so i changed it to 0 fadeSound 0; this way it takes 0 seconds to fade the sound off then the second one 5 fadeSound 1; faded the sound back in over 5 seconds... seems to work fine now and also not sure what I did but managed to get the "somewhere in syria" info text back 🙂

heres my my code if anyone wants to use it 

[] Spawn { 

titleText ["“Fear us women, o' enemies of humanity, for you who die by our hands, will burn in Hell forever.”\n\n  - Hanna Böhman","PLAIN"]; 
    titleFadeOut 10; 
    0 fadeSound 0;
    sleep 12; 

// Info text 
    [str ("Somewhere in Syria..."), str(date select 1) + "." + str(date select 2) + "." + str(date select 0)] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText; 

sleep 3; 

10 fadeSound 1;

titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 5]; 
    };

There is only 1 minor issue now... the info text is a bit buggy? there is always a space between the first " and letters... and i think you can only put a certain amount of letters in there?

• Like 1

Just now, Harzach said:

I think that was just an example for you to learn from. If you want sound muted to start, change 

15 fadeSound 0;

to 

0 fadeSound 0;

then change the "5 in 

5 fadeSound 1;

to however many seconds you want the fade in to take.

The double slashes in front of your info text is commenting that line, so it's not being executed. Just remove the "//."

we must have wrote messages at the same time hahah yes i think i figured it out now 🙂 thank you 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicole_UK said:

not sure what I did

The code was accidentally moved up into the comment, so it wasn't being executed.