Cvne

TrackIR head-tracking sensitivity changes too much between infantry and in-vehicle -- can I change this?

Hi,

The sensitivity of the head-tracking is very different between on-foot and in-vehicle. While playing as infantry, the head-tracking sensitivity appears to be doubled from what it should be--when it's 90* in TrackIR, it's 180* in-game. This changes when I step into a vehicle, where 90* = 90*. This makes it very hard to find a good medium for both. Can I disable or change this sensitivity somehow?

Thanks.

___

[Edit] While I wait for a response, I'm using the following workaround: I made two TrackIR profiles with two sets of sensitivities, and I swap between them using hotkeys when I get into or out of vehicles. It's annoying to have to do this, but it works.

[Edit 2] It appears to have fixed itself, though I don't know how. I think the spontaneous fix happened after I disabled and re-enabled TrackIR in the Arma options, possibly by "refreshing" the controllers first. Might want to try that.

Edited by Cvne
Added workaround

Hey, partner,

Looks like this is a known issue by the ARMA devs and there's already a solution waiting for the next patch to roll out.

In the meantime, I can confirm that running the Profiling Branch  fixed the issue on my end.

I hope this helps someone else looking for solutions.

Edited by Citadel
clarity
  • Thanks 1