sep-edaly.png

tiger-showcase.jpg

sep.png

donwloadbutton.png

sep.png

Note that this mod is still a work-in-progress.

State : Alpha

Have you always secretly wanted to have a tiger in Arma? Well, now you can have your own (super dangerous) pet tiger.

This is an early version of the mod which only includes the model, textures and animations for the moment (so no tiger chasing you through the thick jungle of Cam Lao Nam or Tanoa - unless you want to script it yourself).

This mod adds a basic tiger to the game. The unit is not an animal but a civilian. You can spawn it from the editor by typing tiger. We plan to add a module later.

Classnames : 
Edaly_Tiger
Edaly_Tiger_White

List of animations:

TigerStandIdle

TigerIdle02

TigerWalkFront

TigerTactFront

TigerRunFront

TigerAttack

TigerAttackClaws

TigerSleep

TigerTurnLeft

TigerTurnRight

TigerDie

The current entity does not have its own tracking/attack system. This feature will be added in a future update.

If you want to script the animal yourself, you can do so as long as you don't re-upload this mod or modify it.

Sounds:

The tiger has 3 sounds but only one sound is implemented right now. This is something we will update in the next update (very soon).

This content is distributed under the APL-ND license. Re-uploading this content is forbidden without written permission from the author.

If you wish to modify or re-upload this mod, contact us directly on Steam or Discord.

You can read the license here: https://www.bohemia.net/community/licenses/arma-public-license-nd

About us:

Projets Edaly is a french non-profit organization that brings together video game enthusiasts and developers.

We create mods and multiplayer environments for communities of various games offering modding capabilities.

Discord: https://discord.com/invite/SUCBQk3

Artstation : https://www.artstation.com/edaly/albums/all

Changelog :

v0.51
- Added: Bikey
- Added: all tiger variants as classic Arma animals. Found in the editor, under the name 'Tiger (Friendly)'. These are peaceful versions that behave like Arma rabbits/goats.

Classnames of the friendly versions:
Edaly_Tiger_FRND
Edaly_Tiger_FRND_White
Edaly_Tiger_FRND_Zombie

v0.50
Content:
- Added: New tiger model
- Added: 30 new animations
- Added: Camera movements
- Added: Transition animations
- Added: Ability to attack as a unit (left click)
- Added: New zombie model
- Modification : Fire Geometry improvement
- Modification : Audio improvement
- Changed: Improved first person view
- Removed: Footprints

Content coming/planned but not ready:
- Damage visualization on the model (blood)
- Damage visualization on the model (animations)
- Melee AI
- Zombie animations

Known issues:
- Unit gets stuck in water
- Unit gets stuck after an attack
- Unit gets stuck during some animations
- Bullet hit sound when attacking
- Unit turns into a giraffe after death (long neck)

v0.37

- Added: The tiger can now move its head freely
- Added: Easter Eggs
- Fixed: Hitpoints were badly positioned.
- Fixed: Memories were badly positioned.

v0.36
- Added: glowing eyes at night
- Fixed: legs were doing weird stuff
- Tweaked : Idle anim
+ secret stuff

v0.35

Added: Unit is now available in zeus

Added: 2 more resLODs for better performance
Added: Shadow LOD
Tweaked: Idle01 anim should look a bit more natural
Fixed: The sound played while in idle
Fixed: Missing model in first person view

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone!

I have a few things to share with you about the Tiger mod development. First of all, we are happy to have been showcased in the last Bohemia Recap and we are super excited to continue working on the mod to improve it and bring an additional interesting gameplay element to Arma.

Here's what we have planned for the next few updates:  
- We will add a player controllable attack system in the next major update so you can use it in your singleplayer or multiplayer missions.
- We are also working with Webknight (creator of the IMS mod) to add an AI. We are confident that it will change the way you handle situations if you know that a tiger may be lurking around.
- In addition to that, we are planning to change all the character animations to make it more consistent and realistic. We are currently working on the integration of new animations.

We are also working on another mod that will add a LOT of content to Arma (including a predator/prey system), we will make an announcement in the coming weeks to detail the key features of this mod. Don't hesitate to join our Discord server if you you have any ideas that you would like to share with us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Just love it man -keep going!

You should change your name to 'tigerluv' :d

On topic: Its nice to see some variety in animal life. I bet making the animations was quite a pain but this looks really good, well done.

• Haha 3

Major Update v0.50 available

Content:
Added: New tiger model
Added: 30 new animations
Added: Camera movements
Added: Transition animations
Added: Ability to attack as a unit (you can attack as a tiger by left-clicking near another unit.)
Added: New zombie model
Modification: Fire Geometry improvement
Modification : Audio improvement
Changed: Improved first person view
Removed: Footprints

Content coming/planned but not ready:
- Damage visualization on the model (blood)
- Damage visualization on the model (animations)
- Melee AI
- Zombie animations

Known issues:
- Unit gets stuck in water
- Unit gets stuck after an attack
- Unit gets stuck during some animations
- Bullet hit sound when attacking
- Unit turns into a giraffe after death (long neck)

Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2575841565

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-qpsvtVDt8

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Impressive overhaul since the last version, definitely feels like you're on the right path with how these tigers look (and "behave") in game.
I've got to admit the zombie version is properly horrifying!

• Like 1

I wonder if that would work (if still works at all...) : 

• Like 2

Minor update 0.51 of the Tiger Mod is now available on the workshop.

- Added: Bikey
- Added: All tigers can now be spawned as classic Arma animals.

Found in the editor, under the name 'Tiger (Friendly)', these are peaceful versions that behave like Arma rabbits/goats (nothing fancy).

Classnames of the friendly versions:

Edaly_Tiger_FRND

Edaly_Tiger_FRND_White

Edaly_Tiger_FRND_Zombie

I will try to make the animal not get stuck when it goes in the water for the next update. Since the predator/prey system of the Libertad mod is now public, I can say that the tiger is already compatible with it. As soon as the Libertad modules are available, you will have a tiger that really hunts you in the jungle. We will have some videos to share with you soon.

20211103164908_1.jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, MoonieFR said:

Since the predator/prey system of the Libertad mod is now public,

Libertad Mod??

36 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Neat i never heard of them

The tiger mod was developed by the same team as the Libertad mod. Libertad has been in development for almost 5 years but but we didn't communicate with the English-speaking community outside our discord server until recently. You can get information about Libertad by reading this topic.

• Like 1

News:

I haven't made much progress on the tiger lately, I've been working on other animals but I'm not giving up on the tiger (there's still some work to do)! I still plan to rework some elements of the animations, improve the zombie version and I'd like to work on the sounds too (I'm terrible at everything related to sound though).

Lately we updated the bikey because some people told us that it was blocking the dedicated servers. Could someone please try again? Thank you!

• Like 4