Poxilux

Improvements

Hi, 

I'm not here to moan, but rather provide some ideas and shed some light to some issues i'm having personally with the game.

Few issues and points of interests:

Lack of consistent quality of life updates. I don't want to wait each season to see an update, just release them when they're ready, consistent updates makes me feel like things are getting done.

Why're we only getting a grenade?!!!! ... What about stun, flash or smoke.

Climbing through windows can take several attempts before successful.

Flinching when shot is far too dramatic. People get stabbed and shot in real life and sometimes don't even notice. Calm it down.

3rd person or 1st? please pick a lane. Personally first person is more realistic and immersive, and in such beautifully designed maps, 3rd person is just a waste. There's also the issue with 3rd person, in that you can peak around corners, which just cheapens competitive play. You can't even lean or hug walls. I see why 3rd has been opted for, its so you can see your cosmetics, but frankly, i only care that other people can see them, not myself.

Fix melee attacks, the animation is awful and the the speed is unrealistic.

Lack of 60fps support for next generation consoles makes me sad. I know you have released a statement about this, however, if you could achieve 60fps on PS4 and Xbox One upwards, it would be a bring a improvement to gun fights, and overall gameplay quality. Sorry towards the switch community, but that's what you get with the hardware you buy, take it up with nintendo.

When attempting to use a consumable, if prone, please make the character automatically stand/crouch. To allow using of a consumable, otherwise you can't. Running away from a fight, and needing to heal quickly, while keeping a low profile is not easy because of this.

The shelter doesn't give you any benefits to your encounters so it feels utterly useless. I could grind my shelter out but what would be the point exactly? It feels like an utter waste of time and a chore. The current shelter system doesn't work for me, sorry.

There needs to be rare collectables, and a marketplace for them to be sold, so it feels like a real post-apocalyptic world. Also quests, finding items and getting rewards for doing so add replayability across any level.

Guns are far too plentiful, making the game too forgiving. Personally i'd prefer the game to be a little more hardcore. I want to get down to my last gun and bullets and feel the tension about my circumstance, not hoard a forever growing stash of them. Again, another pointless aspect! Why not just give everyone any gun they like and all the ammo they need, because it's what they're getting already, why bother with it whatsoever? Loot is far too easy to find, and that is probably why people are not bothering to do it.

The above point will tie nicely into this one, and it's to be able to customise guns to a degree, such as ammo capacity, sights and other attachments. With a first person mode, switching out scopes could make this game blow-up alone. People like customising and hoarding crap.

• Thanks 1

I agree with the some of this mainly the ability to heal while prone. Fun customisation would be cool but not sure how that factor into balancing unless it’s purely cosmetic. Melee attacks for sure need serious work and I think it’s even been acknowledged by the devs that this is something being looked at needs to be faster to be competitive takes too long to reliably land a hit. Window climbing is indeed an issue I would also like to see fixed and I see further issues upcoming when it comes to yeeting grenades through doorways and windows alike, waiting on that result. Flinching I can understand to an extent, it’s a game mechanic meant to give a fighting chance for the attacker, if your landing your shots you get rewarded. Forces tactical play and cover to avoid being hit now that said if your shot in the shoulder as apposed to say the foot (forcing and Limp or stagger) then yes it should be reduced. Likewise if your hit in the arm it’s logical your aim may sway and drift more. Shot through the chest without armor on? Temporary loss of stamina from being “winded” just some ideas there. I think overall the grenade is a test concept for vigor, if it plays out well and is well received I can see other grenade types like a stun grenade for instance being possible. I’m nervous at the thought of a smoke grenade though, here’s why. Ever shot locks off container and got the raid flares and mortars? Laggy as hell probably due to lower fps if we start allowing smoke grenades for every player I see more crashes in the horizon caused by frame nightmares. More work needed to correct this, I see smoke grenades causing memory stack issues. 

I completely agree with the point on Third person, without grenades currently in the game it’s virtually impossible to counter someone who is third person peaking, the only way being is trying to entice them to come out (which will never happen) at some stairs in a house or behind a rock uphill, it basically just makes it an unfair advantage for one person.