itisnotlogical

Tool for fixing mod contamination?

I installed Community Base Addons a short while ago in order to try out another mod. Every mission I've edited since then now requires CBA and will not open without it, even though I never actually used CBA and never meant to. Nothing in the editor is even marked like other add-on content, so there's no way to tell what I would need to remove from within the editor.

I figured out how to edit the mission.sqm and manually remove all references to the unwanted content, but I was curious if anybody's created a tool that can help with this in the future?

No, there is no specific tool for that.

First time I hear about this issue. If you are sure you didn't use any CBA features as dependency or modules or whatever else, perhaps something new in CBA addon which should be corrected!

Open a ticket about that, here: https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/new

Report also on https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/168277-cba-community-base-addons-arma-3/

I haven't been able to reproduce it intentionally yet, but if/when I do I'll be sure to. The addon it says it requires is "CBA Joint Ammo Magazines," which I suppose would be possible to accidentally include, but I also found this in the mission.sqm in the Entities class under a group definition (whitespace and all):

class CustomAttributes
			{
				class Attribute0
				{
					property="groupID";
					expression="                            if (isNil 'CBA_fnc_setCallsign') then {                                _this setGroupID [_value];                            } else {                                [_this, _value] call CBA_fnc_setCallsign;                            };                        ";

... which I really don't know how it got there.

You can try to merge maps by pressing Ctrl+M in Editor. Merge will import all map data (units, groups, waypoints, triggers, etc) from one mission into the currently loaded mission.

When you activate any mod addon, the editor reads it into the DLC section.  Even though you do not call the CBA mod, if I remember correctly, it makes some improvements in certain areas and is hooked into the game & editor programming.

(ie)  Bottom of the briefing screen you see the selection for optional parameters for CBA. 

If you do not want the dependency in your mission the  only way to prevent it is to deactivate the mod.  

39 minutes ago, olegreyghost said:

If you do not want the dependency in your mission the  only way to prevent it is to deactivate the mod.  

To go a little further.

You can always go to editor and test your mission with mods but you must not save the mission. Therefore I have disabled auto save in editor always.

But there are also some mods which do not create dependencies even if you save the mission. Mostly these are editing helper mods and the creators claim in the mod description that no dependencies get created.