I finally got the ship ingame

But.... it seems there is some kind of problem with the model that I havent been able to solve. It is not a problem of too many vertexes.... But there is some part of the ship that makes the model unable to be loaded ingame. I can see it perfectly in buldozer, but not ingame

I will try to refine what causes the problem. 

EDIT:

No success. I need to rebuild all the superstructure from scratch....

But the part I have ingame looks very good. Some screenshots next week

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

A lot of texture and RVMAT errors. This is only the exterior and it still lacks a lot of details and decals. Still a LOOOOOT of work to do.  GEO is still WIP and I still have to add a lot of features

• Like 4

On 3/5/2023 at 12:20 AM, wansec_6 said:

G'day  @mankyle,

She's looking good. Keep up the great work.

Well... I have problems with four sections of the Physx LOD. These are closed but behave as if they were open/not convex. I think it is related to how I have built my Physx lod in that part of the model. After that I will start building the accessory GEO lods (attached to the main one) so the ship is fully walkable.

I also intend to add many more details to the model. And I would like to solve all the error messages in the log.

BTW... new scripting commands can be used to add the map UI to computer screens...

Still A LOT of work to do

Still a lot of work to do....

I'm making the GEO LOD of the 5 different sections she  is going to have. For the moment only the main section is walkable although vehicles interact with her perfectly.

Whay you see in the lower right part of the screen is the port stern boat docking bay. There I  will add some davits so gunboats can be docked and launched.I still have to tecture that part....

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima

This is the main hangar, wieved from the stern. You can already notice texture errors and areas still not modelled. For example I still have to model the rolling door that opens to the starbord elevator.

Don't expect a release soon

• Like 3

Still working on this...

I have started reengineering the props inside of the carrier to add ambience...

I hope to show a couple new pictures in a week or two...

• Like 1

Sorry guys and gals

Anyone could lend a hand with the multipart attaching script? I have tried to modify the carriers init eventhandler function but no luck. It always tells me that the script is not found, although the path to the script is correct.

I can reuse the EDEN eventhandlers but I need a new init eventhandler for attaching the different GEO parts to the main vehicle....

Any ideas?

15 hours ago, mankyle said:

Anyone could lend a hand with the multipart attaching script? I have tried to modify the carriers init eventhandler function but no luck. It always tells me that the script is not found, although the path to the script is correct.

Not much. Is it possible to share the config and eventhandlers in question? If this for example is using CfgFunctions, the script needs to be declared there. If you're up to it we can also check in a screen sharing session, feel free to join the Nimitz discord if interested: https://discord.gg/KkDdFaz6

Cheers,

TeTeT

Nevermind....

The scripts file extension wasn't on the list of the binarized files so it wasn't moved to the binarized pbo.....

Now i'm going to see I can get the attachedto when the vehicle init eventhandles kicks in.

EDIT: Well... yes it works more or less but the script uses attachto points and the attachto position must be manually adjusted for every hull section... More work to do!!!

If you're up to it we can also check in a screen sharing session, feel free to join the Nimitz discord if interested: https://discord.gg/KkDdFaz6

Well

I see that you are working on another carrier. This project is going to be much more humble. I love the Nimitz, BTW....

• Like 1

Script solved:

In the end I was having problems because of the differences between Pos and PosASL...

Now I have a working EDEN compatible multipart carrier and the different GEO sections are correctly attached to the desired memory points....

Still A LOT to do, but this is progressing, Guys and Gals

EDIT: I hate this game engine... I have a 60 meters fully stable GEO lod and another 50 meters GEO LOD with problems...

Frustrating!!!

• Like 2

Some WIP screenshots from the middle and stern GEO LODs

As you can see, it is rock solid. I still have to add a LOT of details but she is progressing. In one week or so I hope to finish the entire GEO LOD sections. 

• Like 2

On 3/18/2023 at 10:07 PM, mankyle said:

EDIT: I hate this game engine... I have a 60 meters fully stable GEO lod and another 50 meters GEO LOD with problems...

Frustrating!!!

To the best of my knowledge little can be done about it. The problems with the 'cracks' in large objects seems to be related to the terrain cell grid and the lod dimension. In Nimitz, Odyseus went with a roughly 40 meter distance. But still there's no guarantee. If you detect a gap, usually it's fixed by placing the carrier slightly differently...  But for sure large geo and road objects don't work at all. I'm just happy that the resolution lods can be big nowadays 🙂

Nice looking geo lods!

Cheers,

TeTeT

1 hour ago, marki980908 said:

Split second log into 2 lods?

???

Resolution LOD is no a problem. Only GEO and Roadway give problems

OK Guys/Gals

GEO LODs/Roadway LODs are steadily progressing. When I finish I will have to refine the position of the attachedto sections but this is not complicated.

I only have to add the last section (the one of the bow). I'm debating with myself to see if I dedicate a section of the bow as a bomb farm. I still haven't decided.

This will still take a loooooong time  so have patience

• Like 4

Still working on this

I'm at maybe 75% of the GEO LODs

Here you can see the attachedto sections over the Res LOD

I'm going to need help with a couple of scripts... but not very soon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have REALLY bad news...

In 2017 I had a lymphoma, a type of cancer. I was succesfully treated and went into full remission but now, six years thereafter, the cancer is back.

Next week I will start chemo and I'm not going to be able to work on this...

If anyone wants the source files (and those of a couple other WIP projects I have) I will gladly donate them...

Just PM if anyone wants the source files

• Sad 5

Just so it's clear...

From bow on, all my WIP projects are in the capable hands of TeTeT.

He can finish, modify or do as he wish with them.

moderators, please close this thread

G'day @mankyle,

So sorry to hear about the cancer.

Keep up the fight mate, you beat it before, you can do it again.

Sorry to see you stop working, but I'm sure Tetet will do you proud.

Good luck!

So sorry to hear about the cancer.

Keep up the fight mate, you beat it before, you can do it again.

Yeah...

It's a crap. Fortunately, I had a faringitis one month ago and my mother (who is a retired nurse) took a look at my throat and saw one enlarged tonsil. That put me on alert and made me to start moving things.

It went so fast that this time that the tumor load is much much lower than the first time...

Nevertheless, this is going to be a hardcore chemo. First time was quite tolerable. This time... it will be worse. I foresee I will need between 9 months to 1 year to start feeling myself again..

That's the reason for me to release the models... I don't want them to leave them in my HDD... so I leave them in  @TeTeT 's capable hands