Armaman01

Steam Workshop mods folder change location?

Hello dear forum,

I am new to this forum and I need some help.

I would like to know if it is possible to keep ArmA 3 installed on my SSD,but store the Steam Workshop mods folder on my HDD,and install and update mods in the same folder too?

If it possible,than how do I do it?

Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Yes. I keep this link bookmarked, it should still work. Step-by-step instructions in there for you: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

Yes. I keep this link bookmarked, it should still work. Step-by-step instructions in there for you: 

Thank you very much! I'll try it and report. 

Yeah, once it's set up everything functions like normal. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Yeah, once it's set up everything functions like normal. 

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

I did everything like it is said in the guide,now I have only one question : Is there a need to edit the Workshop mod folder path in the ArmA 3 Launcher?

I did everything like it is said in the guide,but the Steam Workshop mods are still installing on my SSD , but not on my HDD where I created the symbolic-link and moved the folder to.

Any help,please?

Are you letting the download complete? I'm not sure if it downloads to the new location (HDD) or if the tool just moves the mod there after it finishes the download. I'm not entirely sure what the process is that it takes. But on one of my PCs I did have the problem that if my SSD didn't have enough free space for the mod then it wouldn't finish downloading and just fill up the SSD, whereas smaller mods would download and end up on the other drive. Maybe try a smaller mod first if that is the case.