18377 faces in totall ( 31388 tris)

No  4096*4096 textures

3* 2040-2048 textures

1*  1024*1024 textures

1* 512*512 textures

less faces lower resolution textures, But unbelievable FPS

c142f0baab28f22c6d0049ef3323f95a.jpg

FPS would be increased if i remove all the textures

If i work in a wrong way, both of my custom vehicles could encounter same problem, but not 

How many "sections" does the model show for each LOD in object builder?

Some parts of the model may be creating separate draw calls even though they use the same texture and material, because the texture is divided in different sections

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

How many "sections" does the model show for each LOD in object builder?

Some parts of the model may be creating separate draw calls even though they use the same texture and material, because the texture is divided in different sections

To elaborate a little on that;

A section is created when you assign a texture to it, and is again increased in number if you apply different rvmats and alpha-layering to different parts, even though they use the same texture. You also add new sections if you copy and paste model parts from one LOD to another.

To cut down on the number of sections/draw calls you can select the entire model that uses each texture (and assuming they use the same RVMAT), by going to Window -> Resource Library -> (in the new window that opens) Current LOD -> hold CTRL and double-click a texture.

Then, in the main Object Builder window the parts of the model using that texture will be selected.

Then press CTRL+SHIFT+END to move all of those faces to the bottom of the Alpha sorting then press E. 

Then in the new window press Apply and close the window. You should now see the number of sections has dropped as all of those faces were presumably on separate sections and are now on one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jackal326 said:

To elaborate a little on that;

A section is created when you assign a texture to it, and is again increased in number if you apply different rvmats and alpha-layering to different parts, even though they use the same texture. You also add new sections if you copy and paste model parts from one LOD to another.

To cut down on the number of sections/draw calls you can select the entire model that uses each texture (and assuming they use the same RVMAT), by going to Window -> Resource Library -> (in the new window that opens) Current LOD -> hold CTRL and double-click a texture.

Then, in the main Object Builder window the parts of the model using that texture will be selected.

Then press CTRL+SHIFT+END to move all of those faces to the bottom of the Alpha sorting then press E. 

Then in the new window press Apply and close the window. You should now see the number of sections has dropped as all of those faces were presumably on separate sections and are now on one.

thanks a lot, it worked

it is the first time i'd heard of " sections" after i made 8 vehicles for my New PLA mod 

8 hours ago, CN_Lurker_1011 said:

thanks a lot, it worked

it is the first time i'd heard of " sections" after i made 8 vehicles for my New PLA mod 

Might be worth just going back over the models to check their aren't any issues. I'm not implying that there are, just saying its worth checking 🙂