Sign in to follow this  
h4wek

Proxy alpha face order - how to change it to correct phase

I have heli model using proxy blades on rotor - in blurr mode proxies of blade are with wrong display of alpha sort levels - change it in proxy to bottom or top not casuse any change in final model - strange thing is that on tail rotor I use the same method and blades wok correctly - is it is the similar reason what cause not working shadows with using alpha textures on objects with too big shape of transparent colors? 

No any error reported on rpt files and no BIS explanation for that, anyone have the same situation?.

- solved - probably problem is in named property of lods in proxy - I remove all named properties in all lods and now transparency is correct on main rotor,  still I observe other problem with shadows from proxy - when proxy model is not included on model.cfg shadows works, but when it is shadows not works correct - reason found (if you have included definition of proxy in model.cfg don't leave in lod sahdow of this proxy any named selections - remove it and it start to work.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letttransparency of blur blade proxy on main rotor?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letttransparency of proxy on tail rotor

I see you solved your problem, good for you. However in my experience alpha sorting is a mess, and often repeating the same steps on the model, won't give the same results. It's a gamble - which is rather annoying, since alpha sorting is "sort of" (pun intended) important.

2 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

I see you solved your problem, good for you. However in my experience alpha sorting is a mess, and often repeating the same steps on the model, won't give the same results. It's a gamble - which is rather annoying, since alpha sorting is "sort of" (pun intended) important.

It can certainly be a pain in the arse if you have multiple semi-transparent faces you need to layer, but I can't say I've ever had inconsistent results - its consistently a mess 🤣 

• Haha 1