PreacherGG

APU AMD VRAM problem

I have APU AMD R5 PRO 4650G. 500 Mb VRAM standart + 8Gb VRAM take on RAM. In arma i have problem with textures. On srceenshots light version problem. And i dont choose high and ultra settings textures. after a short game, all textures turn into huge squares of blurry texture, without a model. I tried all the settings in the launcher and the game. It does not help. arma does not count memory from RAM as video memory
fOJAvB2.jpgbushC7i2mpx.jpgtreesThKaxyt.jpgno high options

You DO NOT have enough RAM!

APU uses CPU System RAM as VRAM.

I have 32 GB of DDR3 RAM plus 3GB on the 1060 GTX. I do not have your problems.

Get at least 16 GB of RAM, ideally 24 GB or more and assign 3-4 GB of VRAM to the APU. Or set everything to low and just accept the ugly textures.

i have 16 GB DDR4 3533

10 minutes ago, Valken said:

Get at least 16 GB of RAM, ideally 24 GB or more and assign 3-4 GB of VRAM to the APU. Or set everything to low and just accept the ugly textures.

10 minutes ago, Valken said:

and yoy have videocard, i play on apu amd without normal videocard

Assign 3-4GB to your GPU on the APU, and leave the rest to the system. Set everything to LOW or NORMAL. Then try it. 

Adjust the object and terrain distance down to 1800 or less and see if that helps.

As long as you can play, you should be OK. If I set everything to LOW, I get 70-80 FPS but looks terrible.

So use low or normal until you get a dedicated GPU.

I believe in the first post he says to be assinging 8 GB to the video card. So he is having the problem with 8 GB video memory:
"500 Mb VRAM standart + 8Gb VRAM take on RAM"

Something is strange, 8 GB is enough for video RAM to run Arma 3.

He also says Arma 3 is only using the "standart" dedicated 500 Mb video memory, and ignoring the 8 GB assigned.

I think the issue might be SYSTEM ram related because ARMA in 64 bit mode can use MORE THAN 16 GB of RAM! He does not need 8GB of VRAM considering his GPU is not that fast to push a 3D 4K resolution game for example.

3-4 GB is plenty for 1080p so he should leave more RAM to the OS and Game for stability.

The real solution is to eventually get a dedicated GPU.

• Like 1