itisnotlogical

Overview picture won't show.

Whether it's in a .pbo or just copying the mission files into the Campaigns directory, whether it's .jpg or .paa, whether I define it in description.ext or in Eden, I can't get my overview pictures to show in the Campaigns menu. No error message pops up, just a black square instead of the usual "white noise" graphic when no image is defined. Unfortunately nothing I found on Google solved the issue.

Directory:

(Campaign folder)
- Campaign description.ext
- missions
-- mission1.Altis
--- description.ext
--- images
---- loading.jpg

Mission description.ext:

briefingName = "Hopeless";
onLoadMission = "Backed into a corner, the Altis Armed Forces stage a daring last stand at Ioannina.";
loadScreen = "images\loading.jpg";

onLoadName = "Hopeless";
overviewText = "Backed into a corner, the Altis Armed Forces stage a daring last stand at Ioannina.";
overviewPicture = "images\loading.jpg";

briefing = 0;
debriefing = 0;

class CfgDebriefing
{
	class End1
	{
		title = "";
		subtitle = "";
	}
};

The loadScreen image shows up, but never the overviewPicture. Is there something obvious that I'm missing or is this a bug of some kind?

Was a bug in one of the recent Arma updates, has been corrected. Are you on latest update?

Your loading.jpg is inside the image folder inside your mission folder right??

17 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Was a bug in one of the recent Arma updates, has been corrected. Are you on latest update?

Version info from the launcher says I'm on game version 2.04.147719.

13 hours ago, Play3r said:

Your loading.jpg is inside the image folder inside your mission folder right??

That is correct.

1 hour ago, olegreyghost said:

On the off chance, just try a different picture for the overview...

No effect.

After looking at the campaign included in the Arma 3 Samples, I was able to get an image to show up by copying the path from the example campaign into my own:

Result of overviewPicture = "a3\missions_f_epa\data\img\a_skirmish01_overview_ca.paa"

This seems to suggest to me that there's a workaround in packing the images in a separate addon, but I'm going to bed and will have to figure that out tomorrow.

I got it. It turns out that overviewPicture is relative to the ARMA 3 install directory, and cannot look inside any mission folders (*.Altis, *.VR, etc.) for images. So by moving the image folders into the root campaign directory and starting the path from the ARMA 3 directory, it works now.

If anybody's interested: if you use "Export To Single-Player," data like the briefing name, images, etc. are written directly into the mission.sqm (if you provided them in Eden->Attributes->General) making that part of the description.ext unnecessary if you're just making a single mission. But for some reason, if it's in the scenario folder, then overviewPicture etc. are relative to the mission .pbo rather than the root ARMA 3 directory.

Thanks for letting us know how you made out.   Plus the additional info on the Eden editor attributes.  clears up quite a few things that I didn't quite understand.....