jts_2009

COVID-20: Vaccine

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Author: JTS

Introduction
Cooperative mission with a story line. Mixed genre: Horror, post-apocalyptic, puzzles, action, adventure

Description
In 2035, the world learned about a new type of coronavirus, SARS-CoV-3. People infected with it lost their minds and died. A year later, the virus mutated.
Man lost his mind and behaved like a wild animal. Gradually, more and more people became infected.
Anarchy began. The infrastructure collapsed. In 2040 the percentage of the world population fell to 30%

Features
- Custom HUD
- Toxic areas with special effects
- Story scenes
- Visual task-waiting function (Task starts when all players are in the task area)
- Custom task system
- SP & MP compatible
- Compatible with JIP
- Dark livonian summer color correction (by JTS)
- 2 localizations: English & Russian
- Toxic zombies
- GUI Task
- Decorative objects in all locations

Notes

- This mission doesn't support dedicated server
- Use J button to open tasks
- It is recommended to enable music in your game settings
- Read briefing carefully
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ACE and other mods, which change the behaviour of AI (like ACE)
- Be sure you disable all not needed mods before you start the mission (Mission will be disabled if using prohibited mods)
- To avoid problems, it is recommended to run the mods in a specific order (See steam workshop)
- Recommended monitor settings: 1920x1080, 16:9
- Recommended In-Game UI settings: (UI Size: Normal)
- If host-player die - the mission will be failed
- 3 players in cooperative mode
- If you have selected a task, then after you open the map, you will see a task marker (But not always)

- Use action-menu to interact with objects like doors, cabinets and etc...

Credits & thanks

Urban (Mission testing)

Screenshots

Requirements

- CBA A3
- CUP Terrains - Core

- CUP Weapons

- CUP Units

- CUP Vehicles

- PLP Containers

- MrSanchez' Headlamps

- Zombies and Demons

- Dynamic Lights Extended

Download (Steam workshop)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will wager a lot of money that In about 12 years time, there will be a Netflix drama about people living through COVID. Maybe even an action disaster film starring a new retired WWE Wrestler. It was the same with 9/11 in American films and the Cold War in Germany. But not today. I don't want to be reminded of daily problems in my entertainment.

Sorry if it feels like a lazy excuse. Your choice of setting has nothing to do with the quality of your mission making. And we all have different ways of working through difficult experiences. But that is the reason I won't download your mission. 

It looks like a lot of work went into it. So I'm looking forward to future projects. Good luck! 

• Confused 1

To be honest, I had some trouble playing this. I like the setting, and the atmosphere is pretty well done, but a few things have stopped me getting very far into it (spoilers where needed).

- The music. When the music is up >50% it drowns out much of the ambient noise for me. I have a lot of hearing loss and tinnitus so maybe it's just me though. Even though the music/spook is done well, it takes away from the rest of the game noises. So it'd be nice to be able to turn it down instead of having a set volume forced, otherwise game sounds just blend in to mush for me 😞

- Kind of the same thing with the typing noise at the start. It was not friendly to my ears. Plus, I died twice early (points below) so sitting through the slow text before being able to play was a detraction.

- The mission is VERY dark, which is atmospheric for sure, but I just found myself watching my progress on the map as the headlamps weren't lighting up much outdoors, even on high power, and without any visual references I just ended up in the wrong place a  lot.

Spoiler

- So yeah, I died twice. First time was a zed walking through a closed door, so that's not your fault obviously, but I really wished I could skip the intro text. Maybe some kind of diary entry UI like the task system would be nice instead?

- Second death was frustrating though. I turned the power on in the base, got the key -> respirator and was given the task of leaving the base and going to the radio tower. There was no marker for this on my map, and the closest radio tower was out to the west about a kilometer or so away. So off I went. Got a message about leaving an area and being isolated but there was nothing else for it, so I kept going and was killed off. This was as far as I played, so not very far into it unfortunately.

- The markers on the base at the start seemed to indicate buildings worth checking - barracks/admin build, but they were either locked or there was nothing there. Felt like a waste of time to investigate them.

On the other hand though, the task system is nice. Having it in an actual "diary" or notebook/journal looked good, and the tasks themselves were clear enough without being blatantly obvious. Using headlamps was a cool idea (even if too dark), I hadn't seen that mod before. I like the idea of the mission, so I hope I can get further into it next time.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, beno_83au said:

To be honest, I had some trouble playing this. I like the setting, and the atmosphere is pretty well done, but a few things have stopped me getting very far into it (spoilers where needed).

- The music. When the music is up >50% it drowns out much of the ambient noise for me. I have a lot of hearing loss and tinnitus so maybe it's just me though. Even though the music/spook is done well, it takes away from the rest of the game noises. So it'd be nice to be able to turn it down instead of having a set volume forced, otherwise game sounds just blend in to mush for me 😞

- Kind of the same thing with the typing noise at the start. It was not friendly to my ears. Plus, I died twice early (points below) so sitting through the slow text before being able to play was a detraction.

- The mission is VERY dark, which is atmospheric for sure, but I just found myself watching my progress on the map as the headlamps weren't lighting up much outdoors, even on high power, and without any visual references I just ended up in the wrong place a  lot.

Reveal hidden contents

- So yeah, I died twice. First time was a zed walking through a closed door, so that's not your fault obviously, but I really wished I could skip the intro text. Maybe some kind of diary entry UI like the task system would be nice instead?

- Second death was frustrating though. I turned the power on in the base, got the key -> respirator and was given the task of leaving the base and going to the radio tower. There was no marker for this on my map, and the closest radio tower was out to the west about a kilometer or so away. So off I went. Got a message about leaving an area and being isolated but there was nothing else for it, so I kept going and was killed off. This was as far as I played, so not very far into it unfortunately.

- The markers on the base at the start seemed to indicate buildings worth checking - barracks/admin build, but they were either locked or there was nothing there. Felt like a waste of time to investigate them.

On the other hand though, the task system is nice. Having it in an actual "diary" or notebook/journal looked good, and the tasks themselves were clear enough without being blatantly obvious. Using headlamps was a cool idea (even if too dark), I hadn't seen that mod before. I like the idea of the mission, so I hope I can get further into it next time.

Task markers appears on the map when you select a task (not all, but tasks like leaving area are always visible, because you need to know where to go) :)

52 minutes ago, jts_2009 said:

Task markers appears on the map when you select a task (not all, but tasks like leaving area are always visible, because you need to know where to go) 🙂

That's what I mean, I had the task selected but there was no marker. I tried reselecting it too.

respirator and was given the task of leaving the base and going to the radio tower. There was no marker for this on my map,

There is a marker on the map if you select the task "Leave military base". Just look better -)