beno_83au

Confusion With reloadTime

Using the Slammer ("B_MBT_01_TUSK_F") as the example, the gunner's coax ("LMG_coax") and commander's gun ("HMG_127_MBT") both have their reloadTime values at 0.25 seconds, but in reality fire at a higher RoF than that. Can anyone explain why that is? I can't determine if there are any other values that are affecting the rates of fire or timing between shots.

Edit: I did include some rough testing with the main cannon, but a more "scientific" process proved my rough testing wrong (while proving the machine gun results correct). Also tried on the AMV-7 gun ("autocannon_40mm_CTWS") which has a reloadTime of 0.3 and fired pretty close to that, which doesn't add much to the question though......

Cheers.

Are you checking reloadTime in fire modes or in main class? If modes[] are present, then reloadTime inside of those subclasses is used

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2021 at 6:31 PM, reyhard said:

Are you checking reloadTime in fire modes or in main class? If modes[] are present, then reloadTime inside of those subclasses is used

Excellent, thanks. Obviously, I was just going from the main class.

Anyway in Arma is hard limit for reload time of some kind of weapons or i miss something beacouse in config of phalanx BI using reload time 0.013 and it is close to real 0.0133 but game with burst set to 100 rounds firing them not in 1.3s but in much longer time, when i set reload time near 0.1s it works but sorry this is much more far from those valuse what should be. (of course I using fire modes and changes of it I see on DEV reload but this fast guns are not possibile in arma with real simulation of number of bullets - I try to use it for AMS system but with this limit it is not better than single barrels guns.

Update: this issue was caused by reloading config in DEV version (when using diag_mergeConfigFile ["O:\Arma3\A3\Stuff_F\config.cpp"] this can cause in some cases reseting some values to default or even remove it form config so be carefull when something not work with it) after reload whole DEV from 0 reload times are correct - solution for other mod makers :).

Update 2: it is something else at last - again I have the same problem (without reload config) - WTF???

BTW: For now we know reason of lower then specified fire rate on AI controlled weapons like C-ram (if anybody try how it work i can explain -> in SP when you getin as gunner - firerate is near or equal to specified in config (it depends also on FPS) but in MP or by AI controlled turret it is not anymore).

Is anybody know about solution for high rate of fire on configs in gatling weapons? - network lags and FPS limiting real possibility of minimal reloadtime of ammo so maybe solution for engine of game will be something like steam vector/shape  created from muzzle in direction of target -  builded from points like in hit-points LOD and created like extending rope first is made vector and when moving vector colide with something it is converted to points and then is calculated penetrations - it would be low network usage and looks like real steam /burst of bullets in air. (colisions and penetrations would be calculated too but whole calculation would be for steam (matrix of steam points - cuted to vectors like rope) not for single bullets)   it would be much lower network consumption and be universal solution for fatling/fst/burst steam bullets producing guns - but must be implemented to source code by BI programmers - so it will be never happen 😞