Eggitheegg

How to make a trigger check if all objects inside it are deleted

I'm making a garbage man type of mission, basically you need to clean camp maxwell, the only thing I need now is to make the trigger check if everything inside it has been cleaned (basically deleted) I used the addAction command in combination with the deleteVehicle command to "clean" the objects. (also every object inside the trigger has the name rock followed by a number if it somehow helps you help me) I need the trigger to check if every object was deleted and if every object was in fact deleted then complete the mission.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/nearestObjects

private _classnames = ["your_object_type_1_classname", "your_object_type_2_classname", "your_object_type_3_classname", "your_object_type_4_classname" ];
private _position_trigger = position your_trigger_name;
private _radius = your_search_radius;

if ( nearestObjects [_position_trigger, _classnames, _radius, true] isEqualTo [] ) then
{
 hint "Everything is clean now.";
};

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/nearestObjects

private _classnames = ["your_object_type_1_classname", "your_object_type_2_classname", "your_object_type_3_classname", "your_object_type_4_classname" ];

if ( nearestObjects [_position_trigger, _classnames, _radius, true] isEqualTo []) then
{
 hint "Everything is clean now.";
};

Thanks for the fast response will you be able to explain the first 3 lines though? 

creates a local array named _classnames which contents have to be strings which should be the classnames of your specific object types.

You can get those classnames if you start your mission, go to such object, point on it and open debug console and execute this:

copyToClipboard ( typeOf cursorObject );

now you have the classname of the object in your clipboard and you can just paste it in the array.

For some random houses on Altis it would look like this:

private _classnames = ["Land_u_House_Big_02_V1_F", "Land_Metal_Shed_F", "Land_i_Stone_HouseBig_V2_F", "Land_u_Addon_02_V1_F" ];

here you just have to substitute your_trigger_name with the variable name of your trigger. It defines just the center position for the circle within nearestObjects looks for the given object types.

same but with search radius.

Read the link bout nearestObjects I posted. Its all explained there. If you have questions after that then just ask.