RutgerHauer33

CWR2 1.7 mod turn off or stop random Uniforms

I am a fan of ArmA 2 and the ArmA series. I really like the ArmA 2 CWR2 mod in my opinion is still one of the best mods out there to this day. I have made a few ArmA 2 missions within the last year and would like to share them to the ArmA community.. with Armaholic being out of service I will patiently wait. If they can still make Battlefield 2 mods to this day. I believe they can still make mods for ArmA 2CO. This game still has vast amount of overlooked longevity and hope the modders continue projects for ArmA 2CO. I play ArmA 3 but not near as much as I play ArmA 2. ArmA 2CO just my opinion given is still a better game than ArmA 3. 

My Question is, may someone know how to stop random Uniform changing in the CWR2 v1.7 mod? Or might this be coded and therefor cannot?

I am a fan of ArmA 2 and the ArmA series. I really like the ArmA 2 CWR2 mod in my opinion is still one of the best mods out there to this day. I have made a few ArmA 2 missions within the last year and would like to share them to the ArmA community.. with Armaholic being out of service I will patiently wait.

You can share your missions with us in this section without problems: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/84-arma-2-oa-user-missions  unfortunately it seems that armaholic, will not return.

If they can still make Battlefield 2 mods to this day. I believe they can still make mods for ArmA 2CO. This game still has vast amount of overlooked longevity and hope the modders continue projects for ArmA 2CO

I think there will still be ArmA2CO mods, at least for my part I assure you, I'm still cooking some things, a very nice urban island, new units, new heads with and without beards, etc.

I play ArmA 3 but not near as much as I play ArmA 2. ArmA 2CO just my opinion given is still a better game than ArmA 3.

Of course, at least for me it is like that, I do not play A3, I only buy it to give my support to the developers, but I do not play it, and I think exactly the same, that's why I stay with ArmA2CO.

My Question is, may someone know how to stop random Uniform changing in the CWR2 v1.7 mod? Or might this be coded and therefor cannot?

how is it that you have random uniform changes? Please explain more in detail what is happening to you, @W0lle one of the creators of CWR2 mod, is always around here, so he sure has an answer for that.

Regards.-

Edited by dalber24
spelling error

Some CWR² factions indeed have random uniform textures assigned. The FIA is one of them to prevent them looking like an Army but more like real partisans. It's done via Eventhandler in the config. I think there's a command to stop the randomization but can't recall it atm. As a workaround, you could assign the uniform texture manually in each unit's init line with:

this setObjectTexture [0,"\cwr2\humans\cwr2_soldiers_fia\data\body_swiss_co.paa"]; this setObjectTexture [1,"\cwr2\humans\cwr2_soldiers_fia\data\body_swiss_co.paa"];

First selection (0) is for the body, second for the pants. Depending on the model, there's a third selection for the cap.

The KGB Expansion also has random texture assignment. Here the first selection is for the uniform, the second for the helmet.

Please share your missions with the community now. For a-holic to return you can wait until the end of days.

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2021 at 7:39 PM, dalber24 said:

You can share your missions with us in this section without problems: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/84-arma-2-oa-user-missions  unfortunately it seems that armaholic, will not return.

I think there will still be ArmA2CO mods, at least for my part I assure you, I'm still cooking some things, a very nice urban island, new units, new heads with and without beards, etc.

Of course, at least for me it is like that, I do not play A3, I only buy it to give my support to the developers, but I do not play it, and I think exactly the same, that's why I stay with ArmA2CO.

how is it that you have random uniform changes? Please explain more in detail what is happening to you, @W0lle one of the creators of CWR2 mod, is always around here, so he sure has an answer for that.

Regards.-

Thank you dalber24 I appreciate your response and knowledge. I would be very interested if you need a tester on your work. I am a big fan of the ArmA community and happy to be apart of the community. I am happily retired with nothing to do and would enjoy being or helping in anyway i can with projects. Thank you for the mission sharing Link. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, W0lle said:

Some CWR² factions indeed have random uniform textures assigned. The FIA is one of them to prevent them looking like an Army but more like real partisans. It's done via Eventhandler in the config. I think there's a command to stop the randomization but can't recall it atm. As a workaround, you could assign the uniform texture manually in each unit's init line with:

this setObjectTexture [0,"\cwr2\humans\cwr2_soldiers_fia\data\body_swiss_co.paa"]; this setObjectTexture [1,"\cwr2\humans\cwr2_soldiers_fia\data\body_swiss_co.paa"];

First selection (0) is for the body, second for the pants. Depending on the model, there's a third selection for the cap.

The KGB Expansion also has random texture assignment. Here the first selection is for the uniform, the second for the helmet.

Please share your missions with the community now. For a-holic to return you can wait until the end of days.

Thank you Mr. W0lle!

It is a great Honor! I have followed your great work for years and a big fan. 

Ok, Thank you W0lle I will give that a shot. The CWR2: men V V Spetsnaz is the character model I was referring to: the Green/Tan camo and the Green/darker white camo colors. They are really good models and remind me of classic Operation Flashpoint/CWC Russian models and the classic Ghost Recon, Battlefield 2 Russian models. The Olive drab Helmets and the Olive drab camo will always be an Ultimate model for mission making. I could make a vast amount of missions once I figure it out. I appreciate the Link to the mission sharing. I will get my created missions out as soon as I have done Q'd them. Much appreciation Mr. W0lle.