pokebreaker

Remove Melee from button bindings

Melee is completely useless in this game, and only serves to screw us in the middle of tense moments when we are trying to turn and run to cover, but instead we slow to a walking pace as we swing at the air, and are subsequently made easy targets for our enemy to shoot at.

It actually it not useless, and considering it is a shooter based game, I should stay in game and be bindable as all buttons should.

The real reason no one uses it...

1) Hard to sneak up in people since headsets have good audio, and the Turtle Beach mics have actual legit superhuman hearing. 

2) Melee without a knife is a joke when it comes to damage then again, knives are not all that better. 

Personally I never Melee, but realistically it needs to stay in the game. 

On 8/15/2021 at 3:11 AM, Ms. Booty Twish said:

It actually it not useless, and considering it is a shooter based game, I should stay in game and be bindable as all buttons should.

The real reason no one uses it...

1) Hard to sneak up in people since headsets have good audio, and the Turtle Beach mics have actual legit superhuman hearing. 

2) Melee without a knife is a joke when it comes to damage then again, knives are not all that better. 

Personally I never Melee, but realistically it needs to stay in the game. 

Sure, melee can stay.  I'd just like to be able to either map it to another button of choice, or unbind it altogether.  Right now, my only way to avoid activating melee in tense moments, is to have my weapon already holstered when I run around, so that it can't melee at all. But then I have to run around without me weapon at the ready.

• Like 1

i agree with pokebreaker, knives are more of an inconvenience. and honestly, I really do think they are useless considering no one uses them, that's kinda proof they are useless. even the special issue knife only does 35 damage, meaning you gotta hit someone at least 3 times with the knife to kill. i only use them to deconstruct.