Sign in to follow this  
Valken

Interlakes

Really to early in development to even tell what genre it's going to be. Early vids suggest some sort of alien-themed looter-shooter, this preview has a bit more on the "FarCry in 3rd person" vibe. But the animation work is amazing, even if this fails, I wish the guys behind it all the best in the industry!

Yes, I want an open survival alien apocalypse for ARMA since why not? It would have more intelligent adversaries than zombies and go back to the original ARMA 3 - X-Com type story before the old school ARMA community voted it down. It can be a DLC and I would buy it.

Zombies can still be part of the storyline as some alien viral weapon unleashed but it got tired and decided to intervene to push up their objective schedule.

Would be way more difficult on a persistence server to survive an ongoing alien occupation while fending off PVPVE!

I dunno about PvP, but co-op game where you start as a bunch of survivors, going through alien-conquered terrain in style of zombie-survival games, with aim to contact the remnants of military... and then gameplay shifts from survival to Arma-style combat sim, and you get to kick the green/gray/whatever ass. That would be amazing.

Generation Zero (the Swedish killer robot hunting simulator) kind of tries to do a bit of this idea, but it's mechanics are rather simple. In the end survival elements are not really a meaningful challenge, more of an unneeded hurdle. And while combat is very good (with robots constantly trying to flank the players), the tactics are limited to sneaking around, placing traps, and then luring bots to them. After that all you can do is shoot and reload - kind of understandable since robots "cannot be reasoned with, cannot be bargained with, don't feel pity or fear and will absolutely not stop", so you can't suppress one, or even retreat far from it.