So I have a dedicated server. I've been using inline functions (some on server, some on clients) since some server functions doesn't need to be called on client machines and vice-versa.

Recently I discovered CfgFunctions in Description.ext which promisses to prevent functions from being recompiled, addition to Functions Library, hack-proofing, possibility to preInit and posInit, all that good stuff. But I'm under the impression that if I compile all my functions from there, both parties (server and clients) would have allocated RAM resources to ALL those functions, am I correct?

Is there a way to define which functions to compile (using CfgFunctions) so I can free clients from compiling the ones they don't need, but make them DO compile functions they need to have? Or am I stuck with inline functions?

Use the function library regardless of that tiny amount of RAM which is used by compiling never used scripts!

The advantages of the library are much more important as those wasted RAM usage.

There is no way to tell the client to not compile a function.

If it is very very important for you to not have a function compiled on clients but compiled on server then you have to create a server side mod which adds functions to servers CfgFunctions only. But in nearly all cases this is not needed.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

Use the function library regardless of that tiny amount of RAM which is used by compiling never used scripts!

The advantages of the library are much more important as those wasted RAM usage.

There is no way to tell the client to not compile a function.

If it is very very important for you to not have a function compiled on clients but compiled on server then you have to create a server side mod which adds functions to servers CfgFunctions only. But in nearly all cases this is not needed.

Thanks for the reply. I'll do it then.

I was just worried about performance for clients, since here in Brazil people often have crap PCs and every bit of RAM counts. But WTH.