Sign in to follow this  
redarmy

General CDLC compatibility

Im considering getting some extra content in because i want a few extra options but i had a question.

Does the CDLC assets work in combination with vanilla Arma3 content? vehicles etc,how would a T-72 compare against a slammer? I cant find any info on this and would prefer holding off on purchasing unless the content fits my particular needs.

Cheers

Surely Global Mobilization there are the skins for AAF

13 hours ago, redarmy said:

Im considering getting some extra content in because i want a few extra options but i had a question.

Does the CDLC assets work in combination with vanilla Arma3 content? vehicles etc,how would a T-72 compare against a slammer? I cant find any info on this and would prefer holding off on purchasing unless the content fits my particular needs.

Cheers

I have tested GM for a bit and the vehicles seem to work fine with vanilla vehicles and AT. They are obviously weaker since they are way older. 

GMs firearms however use their own ammunition and damage model. E.g. GM 7.62x51 mm is way stronger and deals way more damage than vanilla 7.62x51. Same with 5.56 for example. 

CSLA tanks also seem OK. The T-72 seems to fit in nicely. It loses most of the times to vanilla tanks but can take GMs T-55 and Leopard 1 basic models. 

The CSLA 120mm M1A1 Abrams however seems to be pretty overpowered. It wins easily even against vanilla T-140 and all other vanilla tanks.

After all it is a bit of a mess... GMs vehicles seem to be fine while it's smallarms use an alternative damage system. 

GMs vehicles tend to act a little weird when it comes to HE damage (LGBs and stuff). Sometimes only irrelevant subsystem seem to take damage affecting the vehicles combat ability not at all.

I noticed this trying to bomb ZSU-23s not killing them. But it seems to happen only sometimes. Probably depends on the precise hit location. 

There is any kind of content in the CDLC that i can put in my server for everyone to use, even without having the CDLC? I'm interested in puting those, if they exists, in my vanilla server.

You 

4 minutes ago, Pagoda.br said:

There is any kind of content in the CDLC that i can put in my server for everyone to use, even without having the CDLC? I'm interested in puting those, if they exists, in my vanilla server.

You can set your server to use the GM, SOGPF and CSLA Data Compatibility mods.

This will allow you to use the buildings but not the gear, weapons or vehicles.

The CDLC owners and AI can use it.

Just like the DLC content, you can SEE it, and AI and DLC owners can "use" it. 

The only thing missing would be the terrains and the campaign or missions.

I think the houses and terrain objectives are worth considering to any vanilla server to make other missions fun, like adding new bases and houses to existing maps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valken said:

You 

This will allow you to use the buildings but not the gear, weapons or vehicles.

The CDLC owners and AI can use it.

Just like the DLC content, you can SEE it, and AI and DLC owners can "use" it. 

The only thing missing would be the terrains and the campaign or missions.

I think the houses and terrain objectives are worth considering to any vanilla server to make other missions fun, like adding new bases and houses to existing maps.

Yes! Having tons of new buildings is awesome! Thanks! Thanks BI!

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 1:25 AM, Pagoda.br said:

Yes! Having tons of new buildings is awesome! Thanks! Thanks BI!

Looking forward to it! I love seeing and playing on servers who change the towns or build new towns or objective areas for players to visit. This is one of the best features of ARMA, to allow players to change the layouts of towns.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 10:37 AM, Valken said:

Ah, players will need to use CDLC mod? The official ones at Steam Workshop?

23 minutes ago, Pagoda.br said:

Ah, players will need to use CDLC mod? The official ones at Steam Workshop?

Yes,  they can log into your server, with these DLC Compatibility DATA mods loaded and can still play, so long as your server does not loaded or use any of the DLC maps:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1776428269

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2477276806

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2503886780

Apex Tanoa and Contact Livonia ASSETS are built into the game. You can use those ASSETS, but not loaded the maps onto the server, and everyone will be able to log in.

Non DLC owners cannot USE any DLC gear, weapons, uniforms or drive the vehicles, but they can sit inside of it as passengers.

AI and DLC OWNERS can USE everything.

The HOUSES and terrain models from Tanoa, Livonia, Cam Lao Nam, Weferlingen, and Gebreta can be used by anyone in ANY of your missions, on other free mod maps such as CUP or the default vanilla maps (Stratis, Altis, Malden).

If you mean do players need to BUY thec DLC? No! No need to BUY it.

But whoever owns the full paid DLC can use all the gear, weapons, uniforms and any DLC vehicles if you included it your server or mission.

• Like 1

I wanted to advise you can use other buildings on the Steam Workshop such as these mods to ENHANCE your map building:

EM Buildings - REALLY GOOD MANSION which 2 different versions! 

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=671539540

SM Sheds https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1089259153

This mod opens up ALL the SHEDS from the ARMA series. Really need it on old maps!

Interiors for CUP Maps https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1883956552

This replaces old CUP Buildings with those from Livonia (which the houses are already in the default ARMA game) so most buildings are nearly fully opened. Add this plus the Sheds mod to have more opened buildings.

• Like 1