steam-76561198236900032

0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Hello, I have been playing Arma 3 for years and I have only just had this crash happen a good couple of weeks ago to me and I have tried close to EVERYTHING but nothing works please can someone help me I have just been trying to play with some friends on a non modded server if you need any additional information please reply if you can help. I have uninstalled my game and verified the files multiple times, and it has done nothing I done the parameters with the memory allocator to "Windows allocator (system)" it does nothing and with all of the other memory allocators, also repaired my Microsoft Visual C++ from 2019 to 2012 ones and re installed done nothing. I will give you the last RPT I have of the crash https://justpaste.it/5zs7u

My specs are
CPU: Intel I5-9600K ( AI OVERCLOCKED BY MY MOTHERBOARD )
Motherboard: Asus Z-390 A
Memory: Ballistix 2666 mhz 2x16gb overclocked to 3200 mhz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980
Monitor: 1920x1080 144hz Asus
Headphones: Astro A40

Not sure if you need the bottom 2 but here it is anyway

Check your C drive and makes sure it has tons of free space, 1:1 with your RAM. That is a memory issue.

The Windows OS is STUPID in that it needs as swap space despite the physical ram you have and sometimes mods will create memory leaks in ARMA 3 x64. I keep about 6 GB free for ARMA 3 even thought I have 32 GB of physical RAM.

You could look this thread and also follow the link which @Gunter Severloh posted there:

You said you did repair the ms c++ versions but on the link gunter posted it is mentioned to completely uninstall, reboot and reinstall it. Just take a look at it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Valken said:

Check your C drive and makes sure it has tons of free space, 1:1 with your RAM. That is a memory issue.

The Windows OS is STUPID in that it needs as swap space despite the physical ram you have and sometimes mods will create memory leaks in ARMA 3 x64. I keep about 6 GB free for ARMA 3 even thought I have 32 GB of physical RAM.

I have around 20GB of RAM unused for Arma, my C drive has nearly 200GB of free space, can you explain the 1:1 with RAM please I dont know what that is

7 hours ago, sarogahtyp said:

You could look this thread and also follow the link which @Gunter Severloh posted there:

You said you did repair the ms c++ versions but on the link gunter posted it is mentioned to completely uninstall, reboot and reinstall it. Just take a look at it.

I tried re installing didnt work any other ideas 

1 hour ago, steam-76561198236900032 said:

any other ideas 

Remove your overclock.

6 hours ago, steam-76561198236900032 said:

I have around 20GB of RAM unused for Arma, my C drive has nearly 200GB of free space, can you explain the 1:1 with RAM please I dont know what that is

Try this:

Run STEAM

Run ARMA 3 Launcher

Click on PARAMETERS

Click on ALL PARAMETERS

Under PLATFORM make sure the selection is SET to 64-bit, not 32-bit as it will restrict the game to 4GB of memory only and it can crash with mods.

Then run your game.

If you are still crashing, put up a FAN next to your PC but OC or overheat errors are usually 0xC0000....101 errors or GPU overheat error with a 124 at the end.

On 7/11/2021 at 6:32 AM, Valken said:

Try this:

Run STEAM

Run ARMA 3 Launcher

Click on PARAMETERS

Click on ALL PARAMETERS

Under PLATFORM make sure the selection is SET to 64-bit, not 32-bit as it will restrict the game to 4GB of memory only and it can crash with mods.

Then run your game.

If you are still crashing, put up a FAN next to your PC but OC or overheat errors are usually 0xC0000....101 errors or GPU overheat error with a 124 at the end.

This fixed thank you so much 

• Like 1