MrSydney

First aid kits healing to 100% for all players error

Hello,

I am not too sure about the vanilla system regarding first aid kits, but as I understand it, if a player that is not a medic and does not have a medkit tries to heal himself or someone else with a first aid kit, then he should only be able to restore his health to about 75%. If you want to return a player's health to 100%, you should be healed by a medic with a medkit. I noticed on my missions that all players were able to heal themselves to 100% using first aid kits. I checked that this was indeed the case by using a little mod to show the health status, which can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1250429186. I am running a few scripts, but there is nothing that I implemented that should affect this. Is there a setting somewhere where I can change it back to the the vanilla system or a script that I can implement to force the system that I described above?

Thank you

If a mod has effects on your mission which you dont want to have then you could just not allow its usage.

21 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

If a mod has effects on your mission which you dont want to have then you could just not allow its usage.

The mod that I linked only shows the percentage of the players health, but does not alter it. I only used it to check, since I noticed players being fully healed without it. I also have CBA running together with Zeus Enhanced, but I don't think that they can be causing this.

3 hours ago, MrSydney said:

Hello,
I am not too sure about the vanilla system regarding first aid kits, but as I understand it, if a player that is not a medic and does not have a medkit tries to heal himself or someone else with a first aid kit, then he should only be able to restore his health to about 75%. If you want to return a player's health to 100%, you should be healed by a medic with a medkit. I noticed on my missions that all players were able to heal themselves to 100% using first aid kits. I checked that this was indeed the case by using a little mod to show the health status, which can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1250429186. I am running a few scripts, but there is nothing that I implemented that should affect this. Is there a setting somewhere where I can change it back to the the vanilla system or a script that I can implement to force the system that I described above?

Thank you

Using FAK, the remaining damage (all hit points in fact) is set to 0.25

Using MediKit (by medic) the damage is set to 0.

Use the hanldeHeal event handler. Follow BIKI example

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Using FAK, the remaining damage (all hit points in fact) is set to 0.25

Using MediKit (by medic) the damage is set to 0.

Use the hanldeHeal event handler. Follow BIKI example

Thank you, I will have a look and see if I can do something. It seems the issue is present only when Revive is enabled in the Multiplayer attributes of the mission. When I disable it, it works as expected where normal infantry can only heal to 75%, and medics can heal to 100% and revive others. It is really strange to me why it does this.

1 hour ago, MrSydney said:

Thank you, I will have a look and see if I can do something. It seems the issue is present only when Revive is enabled in the Multiplayer attributes of the mission. When I disable it, it works as expected where normal infantry can only heal to 75%, and medics can heal to 100% and revive others. It is really strange to me why it does this.

I first tried to implement the code as is, but that also does not seem to work like it should. When revive is disabled, it does the job and changing the value of setDamage, changes the player health after being treated by a first aid kit. However, when Revive is enabled, then it seems like the script is being overwritten. You can see that the player health goes to the expected value (75%), but then quickly jumps to 100% thereafter.

2 hours ago, MrSydney said:

When revive is enabled you can choose the options "required trait" and "required items". (see Editor multiplayer attributes, or description.ext: requiredReviveTrait & requiredReviveItems RequiredReviveItemsFakConsumed) .

Did you experienced any issue with these choices?

5 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

When revive is enabled you can choose the options "required trait" and "required items". (see Editor multiplayer attributes, or description.ext: requiredReviveTrait & requiredReviveItems RequiredReviveItemsFakConsumed) .

Did you experienced any issue with these choices?

No issues with those options. When Revive is enabled for all players (image 1), then players are incapacitated when shot and can be revived by a combat life saver with a Medkit. The player can self-heal with a FAK to 100% and the handleHeal script does not work then. When disabled (image 2), then players die instantly and have to respawn, but then self-healing with a FAK heals to 75% and the script you gave works. I want players to be incapacitated so that they can be revived by a combat life saver, but also not be able to self-heal with a FAK to 100% so that medics play a more important role. I am still not sure why it works this way.

I did find an easy solution however. If you just add 'uiSleep 0.3;' to the handleHeal script (before the damage is adjusted), then players do in fact still heal themselves to 100%, but then that gets reduced back to 75% after the script is completed. So problem solved for now. Thank you pierremgi and sarogahtyp for the help.

Image 1: https://ibb.co/VHks3LN
Image 2: https://ibb.co/ZWd3CmB