taro8

Taro VS-17 Signal Panel Helipad

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This mod adds a VS-17 Signal Panel inventory item. When deployed using CBA inventory interaction it will act as a helipad for AI pilots to land at. The panel can also be just dropped from inventory like any item, but it will NOT act as a helipad in such cases, it has to be deployed using the CBA interaction. It's rather easy to tell if the panel is deployed or just dropped: deployed panel is facing the red side up, while dropped is facing yellow side up. After deploying the panel you can interact with it to pack it up, if you have enough space in your inventory. Even the dropped panel is still useful for human player pilots.

How to use:
* Have the "VS-17 Signal Panel" item in your inventory (it's in the misc item section in Arsenal)
* Double left click on the panel item in your inventory to bring up the CBA interaction menu
* Use the "Place VS-17 Signal Panel" to deploy the panel with red side facing up.

DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2533035755

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 9

Really interesting! I can see many uses for this 🙂 Any plans for ACE compatibility? 

3 hours ago, klima said:

Really interesting! I can see many uses for this 🙂 Any plans for ACE compatibility? 

Not really needed since you will be using CBA with ACE anyway and adding stuff to ace does not do all that much. I did try to add ability to drag and carry the panel with ACE, but I could not get it working.

• Like 1

Update: 9 Jul @ 7:42pm

* Panels are now visible as long as they are within view range and are big enough, no more disappearing at 350m
* Greatly reduced emission values so the panel does not glow so much in the dark
* Reduced the mass of the panels
* Added hint when you don't have enough inventory space to pick up the panel
* Fixed editor preview images

Nice!  I have signal panels in my camo nets pack and have different designs from Real-Life ground-to-air signal conventions.  Might want to add some different ones?  One could always just stack them up, but I have found the pre-configured ones work better to avoid having to memorize the entire list 🙂

panels1.jpg?psid=1&width=657&height=366

key.png?psid=1&width=550&height=722

@hcpookie It goes a bit outside of the scope of what I wanted to make. It was primarily done just so you can get the AI to land in places you want them to.
Although I might be tempted to include those instructions you posted. Just add an action to the panel item to display that.

Hello i find this mod great by the way. But what makes me interested the most is your automatic AI airstrike script. How is it going and is it still in progress? I can’t wait to pair it up with my NR6 HAL missions because other mods i paired up with it such as Drongos AI Fire Support and Air Operations seem to not accurately hit their targets. 

Where can the server key be found?

On 3/14/2022 at 9:26 AM, WarhammerActual said:

Any chance to make these also visible in the IR spectrum ??

They are visible on IR a little bit.

2 hours ago, mokkyunn16 said:

I don't know where to ask

The correct topic, maybe?