Fourty7

Multiple Displays + Win10 + Arma 3 issue

Hey guys,

I finally switched to Windows 10 having built a new PC, and for a while I was noticing some really odd behavior. I'm going to explain what was happening before (On Windows 8.1) first, for reference.

In Arma 3 the mouse cursor is not locked to the window / display when in fullscreen, and on Windows 8.1 in Arma 3 whenever the cursor existed (Eg; in a menu) you could move it to your other display and press either mouse button, and it would alt+tab / focus on the window you clicked on and minimize Arma 3.

After moving to Windows 10, this behavior didn't change, but I noticed something new happening;

Even when the mouse cursor doesn't exist, whenever I use the scrollwheel it would randomly be scrolling things on my second display. Obviously the (non existent) mouse cursor was hovering over these windows, but at first I was quite confused...

Did some searching and I found this feature / setting added with Windows 10;

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/2435/windows-10-tip-scroll-inactive-windows

After disabling this in the settings menu, the random scrolling on other displays will not happen.

However, this setting is actually EXTREMELY useful when in desktop / not playing a game that doesn't lock the mouse to the window. Not being required to select a window to scroll it up/down is an amazing feature...

At this point, I would love to use task scheduler to create 2 tasks;

1 - When Arma 3 is launched, toggle "Inactive Window Scrolling" off.

2 - When Arma 3 is closed, toggle "Inactive Window Scrolling" on.

I attempted to do this on my own with no success. Even with Audit Process Tracking turned on in MS Local Security Policies I couldn't find a unique Event ID for Arma 3 launch/close. 😞

I assume this has been asked countless times, so sorry for even bothering, but;

Is there no possibility of adding another fullscreen option in Arma 3 which locks the cursor to the window? It would be very nice.

If anybody else has a suggestion / has found a way to deal with this, PLEASE let me know!

Otherwise I'm just going to permanently leave it off which is pretty sad. That scrolling feature is amazing lol.

Cheers, sorry for the rant, and take it easy!

I do not have multiple displays therefore i guess i do not understand most of what you said.

But afaik most people with multiple displays use the borderless windowed mode instead of fullscreen in games. Idk if that helps but these are my thoughts on this.

• Like 1

Yup, "Fullscreen Window" is what you want. Mouse is locked to the window with no inactive window scrolling.

@Harzach I tried this again just to be sure, but no, "Fullscreen Window" definitely does not lock your mouse to the window / display, even after a game restart post setting it.

2 minutes ago, Fourty7 said:

@Harzach I tried this again just to be sure, but no, "Fullscreen Window" definitely does not lock your mouse to the window / display, even after a game restart post setting it.

It absolutely does, but not while you are in any type of menu, including map/inventory.