CPT_ALPHA

Convoy at a certain time and speed

How to make vehicles pass at a certain time through a place and on top of that. Leave a fixed speed ?. The idea is to make a convoy pass at a specific time (By In-game clock) and go at a fixed speed.
Thank you all.

8 minutes ago, CPT_ALPHA said:

How to make vehicles pass at a certain time through a place

spawning or teleporting (setPos) the convoy at the right time.

9 minutes ago, CPT_ALPHA said:

Leave a fixed speed

?

9 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

spawning or teleporting (setPos) the convoy at the right time.

Thanks for your answer. But there is a way to happen at a specific time. Like: "At 15:00 a convoy will pass through a street" and we have to watch the clock so that it does not go by, if we arrive before time we will have more time to prepare, than if we arrive late. I don't know if I explain myself.

11 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

?

i mean. A speed limit for everyone, because a truck is faster than a tank, even if everyone is "Safe".

Place yourself on the map in a place where you can watch the action.

Place a car on the map, on say, a runway. Make the driver "playable"

Give the car a way point

Start the mission and make sure he drives to the waypoint OK

Start the mission a second time and hit the command that puts you into the shoes of the driver. Quickly check the speed the car is driving.

As far as I know, you cannot set the speed in Kph.  Instead you can set the speed to either,  Limited, Normal, or Full.  Set each of those speeds and then check what the speed actually is.

So, kind of in line with what Sarogahtyp has linked, except that in your case it may be fine to use limitSpeed even if they do ignore the limit once they are in contact, as you'd expect from any counter-ambush drill. But then, if they aren't going to be in contact then limitSpeed would be fine. In Sarogahtyp's example the vehicle is being prevented from going over the limit even if they are in contact, which is a pretty handy thing if that's what your aim is, and that example works well.

It all kind of depends on what you are doing with the convoy. Like, are they just going from A to B to look cool? Or are they going to get ambushed? If they're getting ambushed, are they stopping to fight, or continuing through? That sort of info helps a lot, and it sounds like you're ambushing the convoy, but it's good practice to be specific about it. But you can definitely set a vehicle's speed in km/h (forceSpeed actually uses metres/second, so is an easy conversion).