olegreyghost

Cannot make AI pilot takeoff in prop plane

I am using a move waypoint & trigger synced with player activation, plus the engine is turned on with it set at full power & the plane will not take off.  It will move from the point of placement to the first waypoint upon entering the scenario. 

It will not take off & follow its other waypoints when the trigger is activated.  I did observe the plane creeping forward like someone is applying the brakes.  I was unable to find any info concerning prop driven planes.

Any assistance in solving this issue will be greatly appreciated......

Thanks for the quick response.

It is in the Unsung mod using the uns_A1J_CAS "Skyraider".  It is a dirt airstrip at lz_Savage in the DaKrong map.   I have a funny feeling about your answer.

Just a quick update.  I am trying to get the parameters from the author........

It sounds like the dirt strip might not actually be configured as a runway. If that's the case, you can configure your own runway and include it as a mod, but it's not a simple thing to do. 

Thanks for the reply.

I am still waiting to hear back.  As far as scripting goes, If it is not K.I.S.S., it is beyond me.

I can always work around it with a helicopter, if I have to.....

For the record: The A-1 suspension/wheels is broken, and we added a parking brake eventhandler that prevents the aircraft from rolling via setVelocity. This prevents the AI from ever taking off any airfield it seems.

If an initial force is applied to the Skyraider , the parking brake is overcome and, if big enough, the plane will be catapulted into the air. For example put this in the A-1's initbox:

T = [this] spawn { params ["_p"]; sleep 2; _p setVelocityModelSpace [0,70,0]; };

Not ideal, but at least gets it airborne.

Cheers,

TeTeT

• Like 3