Hello,

we are currently developing a Arma 3 sandbox server where you can basically do anything,

the problem is, that the vehicles only respawn when they are destroyed, when someone takes a plane and lands it somewhere like molos airfield it will remain there until someone picks it up. I want that the vehilces respawn when thy are left alone but the built in feature doesn´t work at all, so my idea was to trigger the respawn like every 60 seconds that all vehicles respawn

but how can i trigger every 60 seconds for ever ?!?

thanks for your help

Marvin Letsche

Admin at German-Gamers.net

Hello,

You can script loops instead of triggers, or use event handlers like "entityKilled" or "entityrespawned"

For triggers, if you script them by createTrigger , then use the setTriggerInterval command (caution: EL)

With edited triggers, you can also use this command. Your interval is so huge (1 min) compared with default (0.5 sec) that you can run/check each time the condition field like this:

thisTrigger setTriggerInterval 60; this

where this is the standard condition for a preset trigger like Blufor present.  Of course, you can have your own condition:

thisTrigger setTriggerInterval 60; yourConditionHere

That seems weird to run again and again this little code ("for nuts"), but it's light and that doesn't hurt. anyway, that's a workaround if you don't want to script the triggers... Waiting for a new parameter in edited triggers, probably in mind of devs.

PS: If you want advanced vehicle respawn, see this script or this addon (respawn module included)

48 minutes ago, maaarv said:

how can i trigger every 60 seconds for ever ?!?

while { true } do

{

sleep 60;

// code here runs every 60 seconds

};

but you have to ensure to do it in scheduled environment:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Scheduler#Scheduled_Environment

36 minutes ago, Alert23 said:

this post is also a good solution

thanks for your reply 

i will try :))

• Sad 1

On 6/27/2021 at 8:53 PM, Alert23 said:

but where should i put it in ?

when i put it in the condition of the trigger nothing is happening

On 6/27/2021 at 8:53 PM, Alert23 said:

Ok got it to "Work" 

the problem is it only works like 10% of the time the other problem is that sometimes the respawn deletes the vehicle before respawning it sometimes it doesnt so with like 50 vehicles there are constant explosions 

so this is completely useless and i have to find another way to respawn vehicles that are undamaged but far away of the spawn

thanks for all you´re help!

The problem is you're posting for triggering something every 60 sec (see your title and that leads me to write about how to cooldown any trigger condition...),

then asking for a solution for respawning vehicle (why not), but it seems to be your problem is a little bit different.

You want to respawn abandoned vehicles. The BI respawn vehicle module allows that by deserted distance (in MP). You can also choose to respawn on starting position...

So, could you write what you need, in which context (SP and/or MP), the settings you already test, the reproducible issue if any?...

And please modify your title.

got it to work with a respawn script sorry for the confusion and thanks for you´re help!