Knivesmilion

SO ARMAHOLIC IS GONE...

So woke up today and was working from home as everyone and wanted to download some aircraft mods to spice my top gun style mission, insted I got as breakfast that Armaholic is gone, I read the forums but there is no actual response from anyone to what happened.

I learned that a guy called Foxhound is the Admin for the site, people seem to have tried to contact him over many platforms without success, so I was wondering is the guy alright? because everyone seems that me might have ghosted and such but what if the worse happened? hope he is ok

If anyone interested I was checking my Arma 2 game folder and unfortunately have deleted the actual zip files however I still have the @ folders and some missions and maps so if they are building an archive might be able to help providing those in case no one has a backup for them 

pd: my toaster pc does not run Arma 3 so I just have Arma 2 stuff

• Like 1

Yeah man I actually got the nostalgia for ARMA 2 right now and was quite sad to get the news. I don't know if something will be organized, I doubt it since most are on III and have no reason to look back.

I however, would be quite glad if you'd upload that directory somewhere, just getting things setup and got almost no mods. Luckily ACE2 is on moddb.

Nice to see you.

I wonder if there are people out there with OFP and ArmA I mods as well. Loads of stuff lost...

If you have a local directory with zip-files containing addond,  i have made a tool that checks your directory,  and matches these files against the missing files that armaholic used to host. 
It will upload the found files to the bidentify archive.   

To help submit missing files, you would need the bidentify-client, see the topic below.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Knivesmilion said:

hope he is ok

He is. He just has a new girlfriend or maybe the woman of his life and went to her...

Sad side of story is that he or a friend of him deleted the whole content because small parts of the community were not friendly enough and some other guys did not do (or not do) what he wanted them to.

worst decision he/they could do if you ask me..,

But read the full story here:

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, blackjesus said:

Loads of stuff lost...

Scattered maybe, but not lost.