Nillers

Statement Regarding CSLA Iron Curtain

On 6/24/2021 at 6:12 AM, W0lle said:

Why should it be pulled from the store? Because a minority is complaing since some of the textures are not provided in 4k resolution? Because they 'look like Arma2"? It may be only me but if I play with any content, be it free or paid, I have other problems on the battlefield than how the uniform of that guy looks.

Yes, there were obvious issues that should not have been there, like turret rotation speed, or the helicopter mewing trees. But seriously, everyone with a bit of common sense should have known that these are issues that can and will be fixed. I'd not even bother with considering a refund for 10 bucks. Money everyone spends everyday on less without complaining.

This x1000

Most people on the Interweb are whiny entitled man-babies that think like this.  So, In My Opinion Only, I would adopt this mindset.  Comments like "this looks like CUP it sucks" should just be acknowledged to come from the aformentioned whiners and taken with the appropriate grain (or grains!) of salt.  But then again I'm used to hearing the "your mod sucks you should remove it from Steam" comments so there you go...

I for one didn't even know this DLC was available; I'm adding it to my cart right now and letting my "squad mates" know about it too! 😉  Congrats to the team on the release!

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

This x1000

Most people on the Interweb are whiny entitled man-babies that think like this.  So, In My Opinion Only, I would adopt this mindset.  Comments like "this looks like CUP it sucks" should just be acknowledged to come from the aformentioned whiners and taken with the appropriate grain (or grains!) of salt.  But then again I'm used to hearing the "your mod sucks you should remove it from Steam" comments so there you go...

I for one didn't even know this DLC was available; I'm adding it to my cart right now and letting my "squad mates" know about it too! 😉  Congrats to the team on the release!

Paid product and volunteered mod deserves two different avenues of criticism. Once you charge under the BI banner -you are fully accountable to criticism -white knighting doesnt help anyone. You want to buy and support go ahead --those who find problems with their purchase are fully free to do so. Win/Win

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Paid product and volunteered mod deserves two different avenues of criticism. Once you charge under the BI banner -you are fully accountable to criticism -white knighting doesnt help anyone. You want to buy and support go ahead --those who find problems with their purchase are fully free to do so. Win/Win

Point taken... wasn't intending to "white knight" the discussion.  My main intent is to illustrate the Entitlement that the current crop of "paying customers" expect.  As has already been stated.

18 hours ago, bandz said:

tl;dr version --

This simply highlights the fact that now, more than ever, BI needs to let its loyal fanbase of customers and supporters know for sure, beyond all doubt, that ArmA 3 is NOT going to be the end of the line.

Unfortunately I'd say that BI leadership sort-of talked themselves into a corner/burned their own bridges, by talking up engine limitations (such as performance/optimization) when it came to Arma 3 in such a way that, by their previous framing, there would be no point to an Arma 4 without an 'entirely' different engine... and BI leadership hasn't shown any indications that said Enfusion engine is anywhere near ready to 'out-Arma the Arma engine', or even anything directly related to gameplay at all, only screenshots of content creation tools.

(The so-called 'Reforger leak' has yet to be verifiable, and DayZ reportedly is still powered by a version of the Arma series' engine at its core, albeit with the rendering and animation systems replaced by an early iteration of Enfusion's renderer and animations, so it cannot be said to be an up-to-date glimpse of what's possible in Enfusion.)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Agreed.

When you begin to charge money, you're in a whole different league.

If you can't handle the criticism of your product that you charged money for, then you should have considered not charging money for it.

• Like 3

I agree that if you are charging for a product, you become accountable. No issue with that. My problem is the manner in which the "criticism" is structured. I have read some terrible things; non-constructive diatribes, questioning the ability and integrity of the developers (who are after all human beings), raging hate filled rants. Not, under ANY circumstances, acceptable - even if you have paid money for it. So let's not delude ourselves that every single piece of criticism offered has been healthy or helpful.

By all means offer the guys feedback and report genuine issues you've found. This will help them work towards future updates. Of course, you are entitled to take advantage of the full refund if you wish, you can also opt not to buy it in the first instance. What's not cool is literally tearing people apart because they have not met your levels of expectation.

I know I am the unpopular opinion, but I'm more than happy with the product I have paid for. 

• Like 6

Steam refused my refund request twice. Looks like vicious circle.

On 7/12/2021 at 7:04 AM, ataribaby said:

Steam refused my refund request twice. Looks like vicious circle.

same thing, can someone help?