kupcho

VEHICLE RESPAWN MODULE

Howdy folks.
I've been trying to find a way to have a vehicle respawn as an ARSENAL and a RESPAWN point.
After perusing the wiki n the like, I tried this...

I placed a quad and set it's variable name as "respawn_west_mobile".
And placed this in it's init field -

[west, respawn_west_mobile] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;this addAction ["<t color='#006400'>Arsenal</t>", {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal}];

And it works perfectly...until it's destroyed.

So I placed a VEHICLE RESPAWN MODULE and synced it to the quad.
In the VEHICLE RESPAWN module's EXPRESSION field I tried putting this -

["_newVehicle","_oldVehicle"];    [west, respawn_west_mobile] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition; this addAction ["<t color='#006400'>Arsenal</t>", {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal}];

But that doesn't work at all.
Can anybody explain to me what I've done wrong?
Can anybody explain to me how I can have it work like I need it to?
Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

First of all, you don't need to name your quad : respawn_west_mobile  and you don't need to add a respawn position with BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition.
You just have to choose the way your vehicle respawns (at start position, at death position..)

For the arsenal or any init code in module:
params ["_newVehicle","_oldVehicle"];    _newVehicle addAction ["<t color='#006400'>Arsenal</t>", {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal}];

Nothing else...

except if you want more possibilities by script or by module.

• Like 1

Thanks pierremgi.

I WILL try your method for sure.

But I thought that any respawn would have to be a named variable (respawn_west/east...) to be used as such, but for sure, I could be wrong and the code may take care of that.

Still, I'm thinking that either I'm misunderstanding you or you're not understanding what I'm trying to do with the quad.

I'm not having any problem at all with having the vehicle itself respawning, but I need it to respawn as a respawn position/arsenal for people taking part in the mission.

And, just to be clear...my problem is when the quad (or whatever) has been destroyed, it respawns as a vanilla quad and not as a respawn position or arsenal as I desire it to be.

Going by your example, this is what I intend to put in the VEHICLE RESPAWN MODULE'S expression field now...

["_newVehicle","_oldVehicle"];    _newVehicle addAction ["<t color='#006400'>Arsenal</t>", {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal]}; call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition];

Does that look right to you?

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Okay, I tried your method verbatim and it works to respawn the quad as an arsenal.

Still not a respawn point but...it does work as advertized!

Thank you very much.

I also tried the line I came up with but no luck.

I'm obviously missing something.

Ideas?

Edited by kupcho
additional info

Alrighty then!

I found the correct line and syntax to get the job done.

I placed my quad down and gave it the variable name respawn_west_mobile.

Then I placed a vehicle respawn module down and synced it to the quad.

In the expression field of the module, I entered the following text...

params ["_newVehicle","_oldVehicle"];    _newVehicle addAction ["<t color='#006400'>Arsenal</t>", {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal}]; [west, respawn_west_mobile] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;

This works as I needed it to.

I hope that this may help others. Enjoy.

• Like 1