Sign in to follow this  
lukemax

Big city realeased!

Ok, so this is not an addon then? Then I'll move it to User Missions.

lukemax: make sure to post things in the right forums

Jamesia: be nice to fellow forum members.

Moving smile.gif

Hey, I've got an idea. luke, take all of the addons that it requires, decompile them all, and then combine them all into one large .pbo addon.  That would make it a LOT easier for people to enjoy your cityscape, with authors permissions of course

For those who think that placing buildings with the editor is nothing, remember that simply placing them in a spot in the mission doesn't do much.  You have to go in and out of the mission many times to make sure everything lines up properly and it can be quite time consuming.  Granted, a script lines up things better and quite nicely, but either way it IS a lot of work for something like this.

However, I would highly recommend that you create a single addon out of all of the 20 or so used in this, and that way ppl will have only 1 file plus the mission to download.

Edit: Make sure the config.cpp's for them all can be integrated.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ Feb. 09 2003,19:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, I've got an idea. luke, take all of the addons that it requires, decompile them all, and then combine them all into one large .pbo addon.  That would make it a LOT easier for people to enjoy your cityscape.

For those who think that placing buildings with the editor is nothing, remember that simply placing them in a spot in the mission doesn't do much.  You have to go in and out of the mission many times to make sure everything lines up properly and it can be quite time consuming.  Granted, a script lines up things better and quite nicely, but either way it IS a lot of work for something like this.

However, I would highly recommend that you create a single addon out of all of the 20 or so used in this, and that way ppl will have only 1 file plus the mission to download.<span id='postcolor'>

Dunno if the original addon makers would be happy with that.

-----

Can someone make a small island with city on it, so everything is in the island pbo and doesn't need extra addons?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Feb. 10 2003,00:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ Feb. 09 2003,19:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, I've got an idea. luke, take all of the addons that it requires, decompile them all, and then combine them all into one large .pbo addon.  That would make it a LOT easier for people to enjoy your cityscape.

However, I would highly recommend that you create a single addon out of all of the 20 or so used in this, and that way ppl will have only 1 file plus the mission to download.<span id='postcolor'>

Dunno if the original addon makers would be happy with that.

-----

Can someone make a small island with city on it, so everything is in the island pbo and doesn't need extra addons?<span id='postcolor'>

We'll be making an island like that for our mod.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ Feb. 10 2003,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oxpecker, that's why you *ASK* the original authors, as was stated.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, I guess I *MISSED* that in your post. wink.gif

(Unless you edited it in later, you sneaky guy wow.gif )

well i am starting to believe the rest of the people over here .... luke said he had it finished but its nowhere to be found and he doesn't send it to anybody who could get it up....

so conclusions will be drawn

I DONT BELEVIE S**T OF HIM (luke) ANYMORE!!!!!

solly had to get that out mad.gifmad.gif