Sign in to follow this  
lukemax

Big city realeased!

Hi all

Ive got Big City back and its ready for release 2 versians

BIG-10-20 addons needed

Small-2-4 addons needed

But i need somewhere to host it ive sent an E-Mail or Flashpoint.org and Info.cz so lets hope they do that tommorow i will release a Mass Airport which is 60% complete and the day after i will release a Port which is now 40% complete

I hope this will spawn a whole new wave of people misson makeing! making airports ETC!

These are made with Misson Editor

Thanks

Luke

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lukemax @ Feb. 07 2003,07:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIG-10-20 addons needed

Small-2-4 addons needed<span id='postcolor'>

10 to 20??!!! wtf. . .cant you for once make a city mod or whatever using oh say. . .1 or 2 building packs? 10 to 20?. . .jeezus i dont use that many addons in one mission let alone 1 city. now either way im not downloading it cuz i gotta be selective and a pilot likes myself likes to stick with planes and helos for his addon folder biggrin.gif but for future "mods" you make luke try and keep the addon useage to a minimum confused.gif

THIS IS NOT AN ADDON.... Hello! Quit pretending this is an addon because it is not. It is a freaking mission that needs a ton of addons! It is not a map, it is not an addon. It is a MISSION!

One of the moderators needs to move this to the user mission section of the forum.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lukemax @ Feb. 07 2003,15:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where in this Thread have i said its an ADDON<span id='postcolor'>

well you putted it in Addons & mods

Luke crime city has been changed to crime land mod and we need cities. We could use your help. Please send me a private message with your msn messenger name. According to the work in your city packs, your skills in making cities could come in very handy. On msn I am chambersburg_00@hotmail.com

At leaset ive done something what have you done?

Nothing as i thought

Ive made loads of really cool missions actually, and ive been doing my best to mean that they dont require too many addons........... i just haven't released any......

so  tounge.gif

thats probably more useful that what you're doing......

Jamesia, did you notice that he feels the need to publize every little thing he does. I'm suprised he doesn't publicize when he is going to take a sh*t.

My guess is that someone here really feels a need for attention.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lukemax @ Feb. 07 2003,15:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where in this Thread have i said its an ADDON<span id='postcolor'>

Luke, if it is NOT an addon then WHY are you posting about this mission in the "addons & mods: complete" section of the forum?confused.gif It's not even a MOD and if it is the beginnings of a MOD then it still doesn't belong here. It would belong under the "Addons & Mods: Work in Progress" section. If you could consider a mission that uses a collection of addons a MOD then I would have started threads about all my missions on this section of the forum.

So anyways... I apologize if I lose my temper, but just please post in the proper sections of the forum will you? Otherwise you just get everybody's hopes up when they see a post about what they think is some huge city addon pack or something. If you do find the webspace to organize all these buildings as one addon pack, THEN that is something that you should post on this section of the forum. Just make sure to include all the proper credits for the creators of the individual addons in a "readme.txt" file with the pack. So does all that make sense to you?

Anyways I'm sure your city is a good one so I don't mean to disrespect your hard work making that mission. If you want to see what I've done, I have a missions page on the URL below my signature. I also have helped with beta-testing on various addons and helped with some .cpp code for the last version of the G8 Tornado (regarding the MW-1 submunitions dispenser). Nothing special... so I'm not an addon maker, but I like to provide feedback on addons so that they work well in missions and provide maximum fun and as much realism as possible...and occasionally I'll dabble with .cpp scripting if something really motivates me to do so. Anyways, this isn't about a pissing contest. Just please show some courtesy and post about missions in the user missions section. If it is an addon pack or a "complete" mod then post about that here. If it's an incomplete mod then post in the "Addons & Mods: Work in Progress" section.

Also I think you should take up Peaknuckle's offer and join his mod if you're not involved in some kind of MOD project already.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Peanuckle, he doesn't make islands. He only adds buildings into Nogova or whatever. That doesn't require any skill, I cna make the same thing myself. Oh BTW, remember it's called Crime Scene not Crime Land. wink.gif

im a misson maker for USOF MOD and incharge of Starship Troopers MOD

Well you know what let's not get into a flame war. Lukemax if you want to make an "addon", make an island with buildings, not a simple editor made city that requires no skill to make.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 08 2003,02:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why are you guys being such assholes to lukemax?

---edit, found the other addon I was looking for---<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not trying to be an asshole to him myself. I did get upset at him, but only because he keeps posting his missions under the "addon & mods: complete" section of the forum which is completely inappropriate unless he has an addon he himself made or at least an addon pack that's ready to be downloaded. Before this thread he made out his "sky city" to be some kind of addon pack when in reality it was just a mission download that didn't even come with URL's to the appropriate mission packs. Now at least he is attempting to find a host for both the mission and the various addons.

But before he got to this stage he really pissed alot of people off because they were under the impression that he was creating some kind of city addon. That along with a few of his posts that rubbed some people the wrong way are the reasons for the hostility towards him.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 08 2003,03:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 08 2003,02:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why are you guys being such assholes to lukemax?

---edit, found the other addon I was looking for---<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not trying to be an asshole to him myself.  I did get upset at him, but only because he keeps posting his missions under the "addon & mods: complete" section of the forum which is completely inappropriate unless he has an addon he himself made or at least an addon pack that's ready to be downloaded.  Before this thread he made out his "sky city" to be some kind of addon pack when in reality it was just a mission download that didn't even come with URL's to the appropriate mission packs.  Now at least he is attempting to find a host for  both the mission and the various addons.  

But before he got to this stage he really pissed alot of people off because they were under the impression that he was creating some kind of city addon.  That along with a few of his posts that rubbed some people the wrong way are the reasons for the hostility towards him.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

Well put. However, I apologize to lukemax, I guess I got a little overboard. But yes, he did upset people when he claimed he made a huge city "island", which in reality was nothing more than a mission.

Why?

a)He posts addons he's allegedly working on every five seconds.Without screenshots or enough details.

b)The ones he does post,like sky city and this one,are just missions of pre-placed buildings.

Does require effort,but post it in the user missions for other missionmakers who could use it to make well,missions smile.gif

c)He doesn't answer in posts after a while (Jamesia will recall the roger young post)

d)I have to make an effort to make something out of his posts.

Or maybe I'm just a natural asshole smile.gif

Note : this is criticism,these all areas where improvement is easy,I hope this doesn't come across as mindless flaming.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frisbee @ Feb. 08 2003,02:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">c)He doesn't answer in posts after a while (Jamesia will recall the roger young post)<span id='postcolor'>

yes. I could dig that post up..... but maybe later......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lukemax @ Feb. 08 2003,14:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Were still working on it applying textures<span id='postcolor'>

Then post some screenshots of the model (and no not the plastic model, I mean the o2 model) at least so people don't keep calling you a liar.  It might also encourage other addon makers to help you out with the project if you proved to them that the Roger Young project is a serious project that is well underway.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>