Sign in to follow this  
zukov

Today youtube Live Streaming 20 years of ARMA

I still remember heading to Best Buy to pick the game up, and then springing for a Nvidia GeForce 3 series card and two sticks of Ram.

Cliffs? Anything worthwhile or interesting noted about well...anything??

2.5 hours of beautiful memory but in the end nothing new and far too long show. Disappears quickly from memory and in the end nothing remains. Everyone had the feeling that something is still missing. 😞

Q: How do you feel about UI enhacement mod like ACE3? Do you think that this is the way how you would like Arma to be? Also how about ACE Medical?

MS: [...] The less UI the better.

IB: [...] It's what some people desire to experience and I think that our job here is to focus on maintaining the platform so that various people, various playgroups can explore their own favourite directions.

(timestamp at 1:33:40)

That's a relief to hear at least. Not overcomplicating vanilla with ACE's bloatware is always a good thing. Hopefully this means we'll also be getting a streamlined AI Command Menu in future titles...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drebin052 said:

(timestamp at 1:33:40)

That's a relief to hear at least. Not overcomplicating vanilla with ACE's bloatware is always a good thing. Hopefully this means we'll also be getting a streamlined AI Command Menu in future titles...

I would say that is likely because Arma 4 is almost certainly going to be multi-platform, so they will have to simplify the UI. Didn't they also say the the scroll wheel actions will be going away? 

There was some good news revealed yesterday, there won't be aliens in the next Arma. 👍